Ultra1Wire3 reports 32 Degs when it can't find a sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra1Wire3 reports 32 Degs when it can't find a sensor

the plugin has an option "On No Report" to use last value if none is reported however I'm finding the plugin settings sensors to 32 when they don't report

is this is feature or bug of 3.0.6629.22233?

im using an HA7E as my adapter
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

I use the EDS OWServers for mine and they will all revert to 32 degrees if the sensors are offline. If I interrupt the power to the servers I get several alerts immediately that freezers are at 32 degrees (I monitor 3). I think the setting you are referring to only has to do with inserting values into the database for graphing, not how the devices report to HomeSeer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	221
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	1242312

I would prefer the devices in HomeSeer stayed at their last value for a minute or so and then go to some state that is clearly an error instead of reverting to 32 degrees. That way, we would know if a device or server is offline, but only after missing several updates.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      I use the EDS OWServers for mine and they will all revert to 32 degrees if the sensors are offline. If I interrupt the power to the servers I get several alerts immediately that freezers are at 32 degrees (I monitor 3). I think the setting you are referring to only has to do with inserting values into the database for graphing, not how the devices report to HomeSeer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	221
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	1242312

I would prefer the devices in HomeSeer stayed at their last value for a minute or so and then go to some state that is clearly an error instead of reverting to 32 degrees. That way, we would know if a device or server is offline, but only after missing several updates.
      Randy,
      I think we need a little feedback from UltraJones here. The setting you and i are referring to should do what we both want. I understand about 'inserting values into the database" but that shouldn't make a difference. The value read is the value read/reported regardless of what the plugin does with it. If the OW Server is the device actually reading the values from the sensors, then the plugin may not know when a sensor is online or not. I don't believe this is the case with the HA7E (it doesn't do anything proactively)
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

UltraJones,
        any comments on this old thread about sensors reporting 32 degrees
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It appears to be the temperature conversion routine that's setting the value to 32 degrees. I need to figure out how to detect a non-response before sending the temperature to be converted. I am digging into this now.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            It appears to be the temperature conversion routine that's setting the value to 32 degrees. I need to figure out how to detect a non-response before sending the temperature to be converted. I am digging into this now.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            thanks Jones.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Any progress to report on this?
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post

Any progress to report on this?
                I believe I have the issue resolved. The fix is in Ultra1Wire3 HSPI version 3.0.7300.25648 which I just posted for update.
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I believe I have the issue resolved. The fix is in Ultra1Wire3 HSPI version 3.0.7300.25648 which I just posted for update.
                  I've installed it and will let you know. Mine has been rock solid for a couple of years. I will usually see this if I disconnect power from one of the OWServers. If I have time, I will test this weekend.

Comment

I powered down my OWservers today to replace a couple of Z-Wave switches. When I powered them up the OneWire temperature sensors all went to 32 degrees until the servers made their first pass at sampling.

I don't know if the OWServers are sending that as a valid measurement or not.

Comment

So far so good for me. thanks Jones
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                      X