Network protocol / firewall config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network protocol / firewall config

Ultrajones I would like my OW-SERVER-ENET-2 to live on a separate network segment than HS3. OW-Server on "IoT" and HS3 on "secure LAN". Can you help me understand what network protocol(s) are required for the plugin to find and communicate with the OW-Server? Right now all established and related traffic (all protocols) is allowed from IoT to secure LAN. All other traffic is dropped. All traffic (all protocols) is allowed from secure LAN to IoT. The plugin does not find the server nor am I able to add it manually. Any advice on what additional firewall exceptions might be required?

Thank you.
    -Wade

Bump...as requested by Ultrajones
    -Wade

Comment

The plug-in uses a UDP broadcast packet to find supported EDS devices. UDP broadcast packets don't work between networks. However, adding it manually should work as it just uses an HTTP query on TCP port 80 to read the sensors. For the connection address, do you have the IP address followed by the port? e.g. http://192.168.1.10:80. Please also confirm you don't have "Require name / password for all pages" selected in the Network Configuration.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
      X