Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    Off tangent, but did you try auto create devices with topic template of your OWServer topic with mcsMQTT?

Leave a comment:

• awhitton
    replied
    Michael, thanks for the reference. I was aware but it would have been great to get the auto device creation from Ultrjones plugin as opposed to hand rolling that aspect with the MQTT integration. I already use the excellent mcsMQTT plugin to integrate all my tasmota upgraded devices and it works well so this will be my fall back if Ultrajones can't help. I don't want to shell out $40 for something that may not work and was keen to see if my limited python skills were up to the job of creating the emulation.

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    There was another thread on this same subject today that Pete started some time back. In the end he went the OWServer to MQTT approach after multiple tries with OWServer to Ultra1Wire. I have much 1wire experience but only dabbled with OWServer on Linux so cannot help beyond making you aware of the other discussion.

Leave a comment:

• awhitton
    replied
    Ultrajones , I have just written an POC for an EDS OW-Server emulator to try and allow your plugin to see my 1 wire network. Having completed it I downloaded your plugin to see if it can detect the emulator and enumerate the devices. However, I installed your plugin many months ago when I misinterpreted its spec as meaning it could already talk to Linux OWServer, as opposed to the EDS OW Server. I uninstalled the plugin within days. However, now that I have reinstalled it the messages is saying that my trial period has expired. Is there anyway the trial period can be reset so I can test this project? if it works I'll put the project in git for others to use.

Leave a comment:

• monteourdog
    started a topic Ultra1Wire3 Pi and 1-Wire

Ultra1Wire3 Pi and 1-Wire

As I understand, a Raspberry Pi can read 1-wire without any additional hardware or software (other than your 1-wire devices). At least, that is how I currently am using one of my pi's.

Am I missing something here? Why wouldn't the Ultra1Wire3 do this by default when HS is installed on the same Pi?
Working...
X