Inconsistent updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsistent updates

I have a 1wire system using an HA7net. I have 14 DS18S20's connected to one of the HA7net ports. When I only had 7 or 8 ICs connected the updates seemed to work fine, but now that I have 14, there are 3 or 4 that update inconsistantly. Sometimes only in the morning for a couple, and one seems to only update about every 12 hours. I have a rather long run to a detached garage and I thought that maybe the wire was gettting a stray transient signal, so I ran all new wire last weekend. No change. Do you have any idea what would casue that? Should I split the sensors up between the 3 ports on the HA7net? I want to add about 10 more ICs, if I can get them updating properly.
    Thanks,
    Jack

http://www.maxim-ic.com/app-notes/index.mvp/id/148

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

No change

I put my HA7net in the basement and split the long run from the detached garage into one of the 3 ports on the HA7net (6 sensors) and the 8 other basement sensors into another port. That provided no change at all. Since I ran a new wire to the detached garage a couple of weeks ago, I also ran a new CAT 6 cable there. I had a second HA7net, so I decided to put it in the detached garage and have Ultra1Wire2 discover 2 HA7nets. I thought that would be a sure cure. But even though my network sees both devices, Ultra1Wire2 will only discover one of them. Is that a bug in the plugin or will it only look for one HA7net?

Comment

Does the HomeSeer log indicate the Ultra1Wire2 plug-detects both HA7Net units at startup?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Two HA7nets

No, it only shows one of them. However, it must see them both, because it updates all sensors on both HA7nets, but then only continues to update one of them. On the Untra1wire2 options page, it says that there is only 1 HA7Net.

Since I was unable to get the plugin to use the 2nd HA7Net, I purchased a JB6 to split some of the sensors. I was able to get 8 sensors working pretty well, but I am still confused by the update timing. I have them set up to update every 2 minutes, and if I look at the 1Wire envrironmental sensor list, they all seem to update at the same time. But they do not show up with the same times in Homeseer. Sometimes 2-3 minutes behind some and sometimes up to 10 minutes behind. Do they only undate the time in Homeseer if the value has changed?

I have 2 more JB6s on order. I would still prefer to get two HA7nets working, if that is possible.
          Thanks,
          Jack
          Last edited by jfink; October 12, 2010, 12:30 PM.

Comment

The HomeSeer devices are only updated when the value changes.

The plug-in should support multiple units of the same type. They should be detected as startup. I send an e-mail to EDS to see if I can get a loaner unit to troubleshoot the issue you reported.

Regards,
            Ultrajones

Comment

HA7Net

If they don't send it to you, I will send you one of mine, since I can't use two of them now anyway.

I bought two more JB6s, but I am still having trouble getting the sensors to update reliably. I'm sure that one or two more HA7Net's would cure all of my problems, if I can get the plugin to work with more than one.

Let me know if you want me to send you the spare HA7Net.
              Thanks,
              Jack

Comment

HA7Net HTTP direct commands

Ultra,
                I decided to try accessing the 1-wire using the HTTP commands from HA7Net. I found that it finds all sensors everytime, and can read any temperature of all 14 sensors. Homeseer only sees 10 sensors. So I am wondering if you think that the plugin may have a bug? I have spent a lot of time re-wireing and adding JB6's, but now think that the Hoomseer software may be the problem, not the hardware.
                What do you think? Should I try going back to Ultra1Wire1?
                I really need the interface between the two systems, but wonder how to make it happen.
                Jack

Comment

I just connected 11 temperature sensors to my HA7Net. They are all reporting properly. I'll let it run over night to see if they are still updating in the AM.

In the meantime, can you provide a screenshot of the 1-Wire Environmental Sensor List?

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Can you also enable debug, restart HomeSeer, then let it run for about 15 minutes then send the hspi_ultra1wire2_debug.log file to ultrajones@hotmail.com?

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

The reported issue was fixed as of Ultra1Wire2 HSPI version 1.0.3948.21025.

Root cause: The beta 1.0.0.22 firmware used HEX for web page addressing instead of digits which limited the sensors to 0-9. I modified the code to recognize either.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                      X