Unusual problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unusual problem

I'm using the Ultra1Wire2 plugin with a TEMP08 and six temperature sensors. If I select Fahrenheit as the temperature format, it appears that the plugin is multiplying the Fahrenheit temperatures that the sensors are producing and converting them to Celcius (but reporting them as Fahrenheit), so the result is that I get very high temperatures (140 degrees Fahrenheit when the real temperature is about 58 degrees Fahrenheit).

If I select Celcius as the temperature format the plugin works properly with the exception that the Fahrenheit temperatures are shown as Celcius. If I simply ignore the 'C' then everything is fine.

Is there an easy way to fix this?

Thanks.

Hello. Can you connect to the TEMP08 using a terminal program and provide me the output from the sensors?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I had this problem. The solution was to use a terminal program and tell the Temp08 to report Celcius. (STD C I think.)

Comment

The TEMP08 should be initalized during startup with the following settings:

1) SPT00 - Disables update interval.
        2) DADoff - Disables AC voltage display
        3) DTIoff - Disables the time display interval
        4) SIDon - Enables serial number ID display
        5) STDC - Updates the temperature display format to C
        6) Sets the clock to match the computer it is attached to.

Can you connect to your TEMP08 to confirm the Temp disp = C?

When I enter the command "STDC", the TEMP08 displays the following output:

Poll = 00 minutes
        Temp disp = C
        Serial # disp = On
        Wind dirn rev = Off
        DS2438 Temp Display = Off
        OnBoard ADC = Off
        Regular Time Display = Off
        Display Wind = On
        18 02:05:32

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I ended up re-writing the serial port functions and initialization associated with the TEMP08. Please download Ultra1Wire2 HSPI version 1.0.4398 from the updater to see if it resolves the issue you reported.

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
          X