OWServer on remote network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OWServer on remote network?

Is it possible to explicity set the IP address of an OWServer with the Ultra1Wire plugin? I want to poll my OWServer in my office at work which is on a different subnet. As far as I can see the plugin only finds OWServers by broadcast on the local subnet.

In the absence of a simple yes or no, and no obvious way of getting it working, I am now using an HA7E with an RS-232 ethernet converter.

A virtual COM port is presented on the Homeseer server and that connects over the internet to the RS-232 ethernet converter. Ultra1Wire connects to the virtual com port and all is working well.

Comment

Sorry, I missed this. I'll add an option to allow you to manually add HA7Net and OWServer units. The units will be added after the initial discovery attempts.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks Ultrajones. That would be great.

Comment

I just posted the update that allows you to specify an IP address of the HA7Net or the OWServer.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thank you for that. I've just installed it and setup my remote OWS and can confirm that it is working as expected.

Comment

Working...
            X