Ultra1Wire3 HSPI - Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra1Wire3 HSPI - Screenshots

Ultra1Wire3 HSPI is the first plug-in I converted to HomeSeer3. I took the opportunity to completely re-write the code using the techniques I have learned throughout the years of writing HomeSeer plug-ins.

The plug-in has been sent to HomeSeer for review and posting. In the meantime, here are a few screenshots and a link to the Ultra1Wire3 User's Guide.

http://automatedhomeonline.com/HomeS...sers_Guide.pdf

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ultrajones; July 29, 2014, 05:13 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Very nice!

I have a few of the Temp0X devices and was going to give your plugin a try connecting one of them to a Quantech serial server in the basement talking to the HS3 box on the second floor.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ultra1Wire3 HSPI has been posted and is now available via the HomeSeer3 updater. Please post questions or comments in this thread.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

This is great and is nearly all I need so I can scrap my script-based 1Wire interfacing in favour of this. One thing I've noticed is that despite setting temperature units to C and restarting HS, they still display as F in the device view (correct centigrade numbers, just with deg F suffix instead of deg C).

The other thing that would be really useful is to be able to update different devices with different frequency. I use a couple of MS-TL sensors to monitor light levels outside to add into my lighting control logic. They appear as 'smart battery monitors' as they are based on DS2438s, but the 'humidity' is actually 'light level' and I check this every 10 seconds which might seem stupidly often, but in practise was what I needed to get fast enough response to thick clouds coming over on a dull day (very old house with low ceilings and small windows).

I wouldn't want to bother polling (most) temperatures much more than once every 5 or 10 minutes, though, as they don't change that dynamically and I'd just end up filling a database with unnecessary data.

Maybe one option would be to poll the device (OW Server in my case) as fast as it will let you and then just update each device according to it's own configured frequency?

Anyway - it's great as is; these changes would make it about perfect for me at least.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

OK, so I read the manual, and discovered the 'there's a bug in HS that prevents the plugin updating value/status pairs, so you need to delete the devices and let the plugin recreate them'.

So please ignore the deg C comments above.

But I have set up a couple of smart battery monitor devices as light level devices and the type is still shown as humidity and there's no 'light levels' option on the graphing page (very impressed by the graphing by the way).

Cheers,

Jon.
          Last edited by Jon798; July 10, 2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Comment

Hello. Looks like the code is skipping the TEMP08 initialization. I'll get the fix posted ASAP. In the mean time, you can fix this issue by connecting to your TEMP08 and sending the following commands:

SIDon
              STDC
              SPT00

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

That worked!

Thanks,
                Z

Comment

Hello,

I got my HS3 install all messed up with the recent .16 upgrade and ended up reinstalling. However I can't get Ultra1Wire3 to spark back into life.

I've tried deleting all the devices, uninstalling the plugin, restarting HS3 any time I thought it should be done and I've also tried copying various .db3 files and .ini files from the backup of my install, but I can't make it work.

Uninstalling the plugin, then deleting everything 'ultra1wire3' from the config , data and html directories and then reinstalling creates the data/ultra1wire3 directory, but a new database never appears...

I've pasted an extract of the log below:-

09/08/2013 12:13:42...HomeSeerV~~!~~3.0.0.16
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...HomeSeerL~~!~~True
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...HomeSeerU~~!~~0 Days 0 Hours 0 Minutes 17 Seconds
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Debug~~!~~Entered InitIO() function.
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Debug~~!~~Entered Version() function.
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Informational~~!~~Ultra1Wire3 version 3.0.4947.36298 initializing...
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Debug~~!~~Entered InitPluginDevices() function.
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Debug~~!~~Updating existing HomeSeer 1-Wire Sensor Checking device.
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Debug~~!~~Entered InitializeMainDatabase() function.
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Debug~~!~~Entered OpenDBConn() function.
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Error~~!~~System.Configuration.ConfigurationError sException
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Error~~!~~System.Configuration.ConfigurationError sException: Failed to find or load the registered .Net Framework Data Provider.
                  at System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(DataRow providerRow)
                  at System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName)
                  at HSPI_ULTRA1WIRE3.Database.OpenDBConn(DbConnection& objConn, String strDbProviderFactory, String strConnectionString)
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Error~~!~~System.NullReferenceException
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Error~~!~~System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  at HSPI_ULTRA1WIRE3.Database.OpenDBConn(DbConnection& objConn, String strDbProviderFactory, String strConnectionString)
                  at HSPI_ULTRA1WIRE3.Database.InitializeMainDatabase()
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Debug~~!~~Entered Version() function.
                  09/08/2013 12:13:42...Informational~~!~~Ultra1Wire3 version 3.0.4947.36298 initialization complete.

Is this something I've done wrong, or related to the HS3 upgrade (I never saw Ultra1Wire3 working with .16)

Cheers,
                  Jon.

Comment

To follow up... On a hunch after reading the 3.0.0.16 and ZWave 3.0.0.2 thread, I copied the 2 SQLite dlls from the HS3\Bin folder in the HS3 folder and now it's working again...

Seems HST have moved where they keep their dlls, expecting each plugin provider to put their own dlls in their own folder under HS3\Bin.

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know. I tried updating the plug-in to use SQLite in its own bin directory, but I cannot get it working. At this point, the only work-around is to copy the 2 files into the HomeSeer3 root directory as you indicated. I sent an e-mail to HomeSeer asking for assistance.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Jon798 View Post
                        To follow up... On a hunch after reading the 3.0.0.16 and ZWave 3.0.0.2 thread, I copied the 2 SQLite dlls from the HS3\Bin folder in the HS3 folder and now it's working again...

Seems HST have moved where they keep their dlls, expecting each plugin provider to put their own dlls in their own folder under HS3\Bin.

Cheers,

Jon.
                        Thanks for letting me know. This issue is now resolved.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Comment

"Upgrade"

Hi UltraJones

I'm just getting started with 1-wire. I ported my config over to HS3, but I think it will be some weeks before I can fully switch over to HS3 (due to HSTouch support).

I would like to get my 1-wire stuff setup and tested on HS2 (got my OW-SERVER and some temp sensors). IF HSTouch isn't ready in 30 days what's it gonna cost me if I have to buy HS2 version and then upgrade to HS3 version?

Any way around having to buy it twice?

Regards

Mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                            HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                            2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                            USB UIRT
                            Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                            WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                            HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                            HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                            2GIG Thermostat
                            BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                            BLUPS
                            UltraLog (SQL2008)
                            Jon00 Plugins
                            Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                            Global Cache IP2IR
                            Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Hi,

I have problems writing to the database.
                              Current view says:
                              Inserts 211
                              Failures 2.696

I'm new to HS3 (in fact new to HS).
                              I have installed HS3 and Ultra1Wire3 HSPI and configured it only to look at my OWServer equipped with 3 1Wire temp probes. The OWServer were discovered immediatly and the OWServer responses to the polling updating the temperatures on the HS3 view.

My problem is, that data are almost not written to the database (211 inserts 2.696 failures, and I see none of the 211 rows in a SqLite browser).

In the debug there are lots of entries starting "Sending OWServer broadcast ... INSERT INTO...VALUES ( 1, 3, 1402129257, 18,3125)" with no reporting af failures in the insert.

Question:
                              How should I remedy to make my data written to the database?

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station 6.1.7601 Service Pack: 1.0
                              HS3: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96 (Windows) in trial mode
                              Ultra1Wire3 HSPI:

Thanks in advance
                              Hobitten

Comment

Working...
                              X