Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra1Wire3 Rain Guage Function

Hello,

I am trying to get the Rain Gauge function to work with the Ultra1Wire3 plugin. It seems that the counter just logs the cumulative number of pulses registered by the OneWire counter. Is there some special way that this needs to be configured so it shows the rain fall per day?

I am using Hobby Boards counter module connected to the OWSERVER device.

Attached is what I am seeing.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by marekd1 View Post
    Hello,

I am trying to get the Rain Gauge function to work with the Ultra1Wire3 plugin. It seems that the counter just logs the cumulative number of pulses registered by the OneWire counter. Is there some special way that this needs to be configured so it shows the rain fall per day?

I am using Hobby Boards counter module connected to the OWSERVER device.

Attached is what I am seeing.

Hello UltraJones, can you provide some guidance please.

Comment

The rain gauge device displays the total counts from the 1-wire counter. It currently does not provide a configuration option to display daily counts.

Have you looked at using HS3 counters to track rainfall?

I was able to create a new counter call "Rainfall", then triggered the event whenever the counter value changes, then set the action to increment the counter by 0.1. This should allow you to track rainfall for any period of time. You can use this same mechanism to track any daily values. You can then create one event that runs at midnight to reset all the counters you create to 0.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

While setting the counters seems to work, there is no means of create a new HomeSeer device and syncing the device value with a counter.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I just sent Rich and e-mail to see if he could add a feature that would allow an event to change the value of a device to match the value of a counter.

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks for the information UltraJones

Comment

I submitted a enhancement request #2006 to HomeSeer.

Enhancement: Need a means to synchronize counter values and device values using events.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

I also submitted a enhancement request #2007 to HomeSeer.

Enhancement: Need a way to synchronize the device value and device offset via an Event.

This would allow you to create a daily or weekly event to reset the device offset so the device could display daily or weekly totals.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                  I also submitted a enhancement request #2007 to HomeSeer.

Enhancement: Need a way to synchronize the device value and device offset via an Event.

This would allow you to create a daily or weekly event to reset the device offset so the device could display daily or weekly totals.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Can you provide me an example on how to use this function to provide daily total count.

Thanks
                  Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X