Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't add devices

Hi Randy,

Just playing with the OW-Server and your plugin. I have the ow-server on the network and I see it with EDS Scanner and can talk to it with a web browser. I also have the plugin configured to auto discover OWServers. However, the Device tab doesn't give me any options to add any devices:

Click image for larger version

Name:	U1W.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1207133

Any ideas? I'm running HS .148.

Name:	U1Wb.PNG
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	1207134

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

I'm running 3.0.5461.16453 and it instantly finds OWServers on the same subnet, so I haven't a clue why yours isn't. Attached is a screenshot from mine and I think the button to ADD a device was there even with no devices found. Have you tried the usual, restarting server turning off firewall, etc. I know that the firewall is a waste of time since the plug-in uses HTTP on port 80 to get from the servers, but I would still start with all of the doors wide open. Are there any OneWire devices connected to the server? It won't create HS devices unless there are devices attached to the servers, it is possible it needs to see at least one OneWire device before it adds a server.
    Attached Files
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy, 3 devices are connected to it and are being read properly. I can connect to the OW Server's web page from my HS box, but perhaps the discovery protocol is being blocked by the FW. Which version of HS are you running? I know there were some web interface changes made between .147/.148/.149.

Thanks
      Al

Comment

Turning the firewall off allowed it to discover:

Name:	owserver2.png
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	1175830

But still no buttons to allow me to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Thanks Randy, 3 devices are connected to it and are being read properly. I can connect to the OW Server's web page from my HS box, but perhaps the discovery protocol is being blocked by the FW. Which version of HS are you running? I know there were some web interface changes made between .147/.148/.149.

Thanks
          Al
          I'm on .149. I first installed the OWServers and plugin under 3.0.0.68, but it has worked consistently with all versions. Curious that it is found with the FW disabled. I was under the assumption that the plug-in only uses HTTP Get commands, intuitively it doesn't seem like the firewall should have anything to do with it.

I use IP reservations in my router to assign static IPs to these devices. If i assign a new address, the plug-in will create a new device and leave the old one in the list.

EDIT: I seem to recall an iinitial problem, that was cured by disabling and then enabling the plug-in.

Comment

One more thought and this is just from my perspective, try a different browser. I had some issues with Ultra's plug-ins would play well with Chrome and not with IE in some cases and the reverse in others. It was mostly to do with charting and for me most of the issues have been resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              One more thought and this is just from my perspective, try a different browser. I had some issues with Ultra's plug-ins would play well with Chrome and not with IE in some cases and the reverse in others. It was mostly to do with charting and for me most of the issues have been resolved.
              Thanks, I had already tried that before I posted. I'll try upgrading to .149 tonight.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Thanks, I had already tried that before I posted. I'll try upgrading to .149 tonight.

Cheers
                Al
                Image caching should only effect embedded images, but you might as well turn that off in setup and restart HS after the upgrade. I don't remember when Rich added that, but your current version may not have that choice.

Comment

Thanks Randy,

Upgrading to .149 resolved it:

Name:	owserver2.png
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1175831

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Thanks Randy,

[ATTACH]43373[/ATTACH]

Cheers
                    Al
                    Cool. I am very happy with the servers and the plug-in. The servers have been rock solid. The only thing I don't like is the limited frequency of samples in graphing, but Jon00's DB graphing takes care of that.

Comment

Thanks Randy,

[ATTACH]43373[/ATTACH]

Cheers
                      Al
                      The GetPageHeader fixes HomeSeer added to HS3 version 3.0.0.147 caused the HTML header to appear twice in the HTML output which essentially killed the jQuery my plug-ins use. As you discovered, it was fixed in version 3.0.0.149.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                        The GetPageHeader fixes HomeSeer added to HS3 version 3.0.0.147 caused the HTML header to appear twice in the HTML output which essentially killed the jQuery my plug-ins use. As you discovered, it was fixed in version 3.0.0.149.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        Thanks Randy, it's all working well for me.

Cheers
                        Al

Comment

Working...
                        X