HS3 + TEMP08 + HobbyBoards Humidity sensor = a few problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 + TEMP08 + HobbyBoards Humidity sensor = a few problems

Hi, I am upgrading to HS3 and testing it with TEMP08 and a single HobbyBoards Humidity sensor connected.

I used HyperTerminal to run "INI" and "TMP" commands and TEMP08 recognized all sensors correctly:

Reading Sensors...
    01 570000004CDDD626 DS2438 OK P V
    02 9D0008018A28E910 DS1820 OK P
    03 9D000000B6591326 DS2438 OK P H

Update interval = 00 minutes
    Temp display = C
    Serial # display = On
    Wind dirn reverse = Off
    Qty of DS1820=01
    Qty of DS1822=00
    Qty of DS18B2=00
    Qty of DS2438=02
    FRI 10:32:40
    >
    FRI 10:32:57
    Reading Sensors...
    Humidity #01[9D000000B6591326]=52%
    Voltage #00=00.94V
    Voltage #01[570000004CDDD626]=10.23V 05.14V
    Temp #01[570000004CDDD626]=24.62C
    Temp #02[9D0008018A28E910]=25.00C
    Temp #03[9D000000B6591326]=26.06C
    >

I shut down HT connection, launched HS3 and Ultra1Wire plugin automatically recognized and created HS devices for all three temperature sensors but ignored the humidity and voltage ones.

My questions:
    1. What should I do to have the Humidity sensor to be visible in HS3?

2. Do I understand this correctly that plugin does not support voltage sensors (I need it for reading electrical current as I did before in HS2)?
    Is there a way voltage sensors can be interfaced to HS3?

3. What is the purpose of Devices tab of the plugin and why there is a need to manually create 1-Wire devices there?
    I am asking this because I noticed that HS3 devices are created automatically and graphing is based on HS3 devices and not the ones listed on plugin devices tab? It seems like a redundant feature.

4. I still tried creating devices into the plugin tab but was able to create only one (for TEMP08 internal sensor).
    When I try to create second record I get an error "A system error has occured (more information)."
    HS log indicates the following:
    System.Exception: Unable to insert 1-Wire Device into the database. Please ensure you are not attempting to connect more than 9 1-Wire Devices to the plug-in. at HSPI_ULTRA1WIRE3.hspi_plugin.Insert1WireDevice(String device_serial, String device_name, String device_type, String device_image, String device_conn, String device_addr)

Thank you
    Alex
    P.S. - I thought I should add that I have a license for this plugin and used it with HS2 with the same TEMP08 device.
    Interesting thing is that Humidity and Voltage sensors were recognized correctly (I found an old screenshot from 2008)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alexey; July 29, 2016, 01:15 PM.

Hello Alexey,

For the TEMP08, the following sensors are supported:
    1. Temp
    2. Sensor
    3. Humidity
    4. Barometer
    5. Counter
    6. Rain
    7. Switch

The Devices tab isn't used to create a 1-wire sensor. It's used to create an entry for your TEMP08. Unlike the HS2 version, the HS3 version can support multiple TEMP08 1-Wire Host Devices. That's the purposes of the Device tab. Can you provide a screenshot of the Devices tab so I can see the current configuration?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thank you for the explanation about devices. I got confused because I thought sensors are called devices. I guess if the tab is called like "adapters" or "1-wire interfaces" it would be clearer.
      Now I understand why I was not able to add additional devices because the COM4 I was trying to use was the same as my existing TEMP08. I still took a couple screenshots to illustrate my mistake.

Today I got a new pop-up error saying "cannot reinitialise datatable" (also attached). Maybe I should somehow flush inserts database entries...

Getting back to my questions, I would appreciate your comments on why my humidity sensor is not being recognized by the plugin.

Also, is there a chance to restore voltage sensors support as it was in HS2 plugin?

Thank you for your support.
      Alex
      Attached Files

Comment

Humidity should be supported. Please change COM4 to COM:4, then restart the plug-in to see if that fixes the issue.

Yes, I'll add the voltage device sometime today.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I deleted TEMP08 device, re-created it with COM:4 port, disabled/re-enabled plugin, restarted HS3, restarted computer but still do not see the humidity sensor.
          Screenshot of all my HS devices is attached.
          Thank you again.
          Attached Files

Comment

Are there any troubleshooting hints on Humidity sensors?

Hi, Ultra
            I would appreciate if you give me a hint on what I can do to make Humidity sensors visible.
            As an idea, I was thinking to uninstall the plugin, clean up my system from U1W files and reinstall plugin back (as a standard technique for fixing unexplainable glitches) but I am not sure what folders I should remove during this process.
            Thank you

Comment

Can you please enable debug, then restart HomeSeer, let it run for 5 minutes, then stop debug. Don't restart HomeSeer yet. Locate the hspi_ultra1wire3_debug.log file that was created in HomeSeer's root directory and send it to ultrajones@hotmail.com (or post it here). Once you send the debug file, you can restart HomeSeer.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Thank you for getting back to me

I attached the debug log file to this post.
                Thank you
                Attached Files

Comment

Please download and install Ultra1Wire3 HSPI version 3.0.6069.19962. I made a few changes that should hopefully resolve this issue. If it doesn't, can you please capture and post a debug output again?

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

I removed my plugin, deleted all devices related to it, restarted HS3, installed the new plugin, activated it, restarted again and got the following messages into the startup log:
                    Aug-13 3:59:25 PM Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRA1WIRE3.TEMP08.DataReceived(Object sender, SerialDataReceivedEventArgs e)
                    Aug-13 3:59:25 PM Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_ULTRA1WIRE3.TEMP08.DataReceived(Object sender, SerialDataReceivedEventArgs e)
                    Aug-13 3:59:25 PM Informational Getting TEMP08 version ...
                    Aug-13 3:59:25 PM Informational Disabling TEMP08 update interval ...
                    Aug-13 3:59:25 PM Informational Setting TEMP08 temperature format ...
                    Aug-13 3:59:25 PM Informational Enabling TEMP08 Serial Number ID display ...
                    Aug-13 3:59:25 PM Startup Creating ASP.NET application host...
                    Aug-13 3:59:25 PM Informational Setting TEMP08 Clock ...

Then I checked my devices and found that no sensors were created into the HS3 interface - no Temp, no Hum, no Voltage and only the Root and Sensor Checking devices were visible.
                    It seems like the database was upsdated but only ones and number of inserts remained at 3 (for three T sensors I have currently connected).
                    Debug log is attached.
                    Thank you
                    Attached Files

Comment

I pulled my TEMP08 and did a bit of debugging via Serial. I made a few more changes that should hopefully resolve the issue you reported. Can you please download the latest version and try it out?

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

I tried but without success.

After reinstalling I did not get HS startup errors but there were no plugin sensors created in HS interface (only the root and the checking devices)>
                        Also there are no inserts indicated on the plugin status page.

Debug file is attached.
                        Thanks again.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I made a few more changes and confirm it's working on my system with various temperature and humidity sensors. Please download and install the version I just uploaded to the HomeSeer updater. Can you please download the latest version and try it out?

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

Yes it is working now.
                            I see all sensors including Humidity and Voltage, thank you very much.
                            The graph being built for Temp sensor only but, I guess, this is how it is going to be ... unless there is a way to mix Hum and Volt reading into the chart.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Alexey,

Humidity is already being inserted into the database. It's available via the charting mechanism. How are you using the TEMP08 to read electrical current?

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X