Airfoil Satellite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airfoil Satellite

Is Airfoil Satellite a supported destination for the plugin?

It shows up fine in the plugin config, but doesn't seem to be working properly.

On Windows, Airfoil Satellite appears to receive and play the audio as evidenced by the meter activity during the audio, but nothing actually comes out of the speakers.

On Mac, it receives and plays the audio as expected, but then throws a connection error after playback stops.

I can Airplay from my iPhone to these same destinations, both Windows and Mac, with zero problems.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-11-02 18.01.36.png Views:	0 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	1337244
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-11-02 18.08.26.png Views:	0 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	1337243
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-11-02 18.36.23.png Views:	0 Size:	291.1 KB ID:	1337242

Is anyone else using Airfoil Satellite?

Can anyone confirm either way whether or not the plugin works with Airfoil Satellite endpoints? Maybe spud knows?

Comment

spud still looking for an answer here...is this a problem with the plugin? It seems like this should work since Airfoil Satellite is just another AirPlay endpoint and works fine with other AirPlay sources...

Comment

spud? ...Bueller??

Would be nice to know if this is supported or not?

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I was able to replicate the problem with Airfoil Satellite running on Windows, but I don't know what is the cause. I will have to investigate more.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            Sorry for the delay, I was able to replicate the problem with Airfoil Satellite running on Windows, but I don't know what is the cause. I will have to investigate more.
            Great! Thanks for looking into this. It would be really helpful to get this working...

Comment

A couple months later now...any update on this ,spud ?

Comment

Bumping this again...

spud Any progress figuring out the problem here?

Comment

And another couple months goes by with no response...

Comment

Sorry for the lack of response.
                    Unfortunately neither the Airfoil satellite program nor the Airplay protocol are open source, so debugging something like this would need a lot of reverse engineering which is very time consuming. I don't have time to do this and can't give you a time frame for now.

Comment

While not the answer I was hoping for, I do appreciate the belated response. I certainly understand you are busy with HS4 stuff, but it's really unfortunate it is affecting your ability to support your paid plugins. I hope you can eventually find time to troubleshoot this.

Comment

Working...
                      X