Apple HomePod mini?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple HomePod mini?

Is it supposed to actually work for Apple HomePod mini?

I see the Apple HomePod mini's in the list, but the type is "Unknown" and it doesn't seem to actually speak anything. Is it supposed to work?

set the log level to debug and post what you get when you start the plugin and I will be able to tell you if the plugin is supposed to work with your device.

Comment

Does this work? I’d like to buy one but need TTS so I can replace out my google devices.

Comment

I have an apple home pod mini working for TTS but it will not play an audio file. Am I missing something? Running HS4.

Comment

what kind of audio file are you trying to play?
          the plugin only supports WAV, MP3 or AIFF
          and ideally, for best performances, to avoid any conversion or resampling by the plugin, the audio files should be:
          - stereo
          - sample rate = 44100Hz
          - 16 Bits per sample

also do you have any error in the logs when you try it?

Comment

I tried mp3 and wav. The log files doesn’t even show an attempt to play an airplay speak event like it does when there is a TTS event. The event was setup using TTS and it plays as expected. Setup the same way but to play a file, it doesn’t fire anything in the logs with the event trigger.

Comment

spud, any more thoughts on how I can get the home pod mini to play audio files?

Comment

Still would like to get this working. Added a Sonos speaker and still can’t play audio files.

Comment

Working...
                X