Best Buy deal of the day - Pioneer A1 Wi-Fi Speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Buy deal of the day - Pioneer A1 Wi-Fi Speaker

Just wanted to let folks know that for today (deal of the day) at best buy they are selling the Pioneer A1 Wi-Fi Speaker for 49 bucks with free shipping - that is a big discount.

I ordered one since I pretty sure they should work with AirplaySpeak
    Attached Files

Nice! Thank you for sharing.

I'm pretty sure too they will work with Airplay Speak. Once you received them, please confirm and I will add them to the list of compatible speakers

Comment

Sorry for the ignorante question, but is sonos a airplay device?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
        Sorry for the ignorante question, but is sonos a airplay device?
        LOL, you already asked this question 1 month ago here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...23#post1079723

and the short answer is no

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          LOL, you already asked this question 1 month ago here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...23#post1079723

and the short answer is no
          Sorry!!! seams that the alzhie... what ever think is afecting my mind
          Hector
          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

These work great - but one very small issue.

Hi Spud, wanted to let you know the Pioneer A1 airplay speakers work great with AirplaySpeak - the only thing that needs to be tweaked is the device type (under the Airplay Speakers Configuration), the Pioneer A1 comes up as unknown.

No problems with functionality and AirplaySpeak finds the Pioneer A1 airplay speaker without any problems.

BTW, I have seen best buy put these on the deal of the day more than once - if I see it again, I'll post - I ended up buying 2, glad I did - not only do they work great with AirplaySpeak they sound very nice too....

PS. As a feature request it would be nice to have an easy way to send an announcement to all AirplaySpeak configured speakers using only one word/device. What I'm talking about is a dummy airplay speaker that is always on the list - its name could be AirplaySpeak_all.

Then if someone whats to send something to all speakers they could just specify the dummy name and the message would be sent to all AirplaySpeak speakers - maybe there is a way to do this now without adding all the speakers (I have seven) - if so, I'm not aware of how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
              Hi Spud, wanted to let you know the Pioneer A1 airplay speakers work great with AirplaySpeak - the only thing that needs to be tweaked is the device type (under the Airplay Speakers Configuration), the Pioneer A1 comes up as unknown.
              Cool, could you set the log level to debug, then restart the plugin and send me the TXT Records, so that I can identify them

Code:
              16/03/2013 5:44:10 PM  - AirplaySpeak - Found Service: D830623275DE@AirPort Express 1
              16/03/2013 5:44:10 PM  - AirplaySpeak - Resolved Service: D830623275DE - AirPort Express 1 - 192.168.1.95
              16/03/2013 5:44:10 PM  - AirplaySpeak - TXT Records = 
              16/03/2013 5:44:10 PM  - AirplaySpeak - txtvers = '1'
              16/03/2013 5:44:10 PM  - AirplaySpeak - ch = '2'
              16/03/2013 5:44:10 PM  - AirplaySpeak - cn = '0,1'
              Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
              PS. As a feature request it would be nice to have an easy way to send an announcement to all AirplaySpeak configured speakers using only one word/device. What I'm talking about is a dummy airplay speaker that is always on the list - its name could be AirplaySpeak_all.

Then if someone whats to send something to all speakers they could just specify the dummy name and the message would be sent to all AirplaySpeak speakers - maybe there is a way to do this now without adding all the speakers (I have seven) - if so, I'm not aware of how to do it.
              If you leave the host field blank, it sends to all speakers: Airplay and HS. Do you mean you want to send to all AirPlay speakers but exclude HS speakers?

Comment

sent you an email with the log info you wanted

I sent you an email with the log info, let me know if what I sent will not work / help.

I'll try leaving the field blank, not sure what that will do with my SONOS speakers but I try, thanks....

Comment

They are back

A1s for 39 bucks with free shipping. Wow
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wow; no speakers available in the midwest for pickup or delivery. That was fast.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The Pioneer A3 speakers are $69 at Best Buy which is a great deal. They are identical to the A1 except the are weather resistant and come with an internal battery.

I am amazed at how great they sound. I also purchased the Pioneer A4 (also on sale) and it also sounds great.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
                      X