Bose Soundlink Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mgonzales100 View Post
    I'm still unable to play a MP3 file on my Soundlink or AppleTV. Do I need iTunes on the HS computer.
    No you don't need iTunes on the HS computer.
    Please post your logs when trying to play the mp3 file as well as the mp3 file itself
    Does it work with a wav file?
    What's the OS on the HS computer?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      No you don't need iTunes on the HS computer.
      Please post your logs when trying to play the mp3 file as well as the mp3 file itself
      Does it work with a wav file?
      What's the OS on the HS computer?

I've attached a copy of the .wav and .mp3 files that I am attempting to play.

I've also attached the log file. The event Airspeak plays text. Airspeak 2 streams a wav/mp3 file (at least attempts to)

I'm unable to stream wav files either.

The OS is Windows 8
      Attached Files

Comment

Code:
        Jan-28 10:25:52 PM           Event     Event Trigger "Test Test AirSpeak 2"
        Jan-28 10:25:52 PM           Event     Event Test Test AirSpeak 2 triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
        so these 2 lines are everything you get in the logs when you try to run the event that play an audio file?

Could you also attach a screenshot of the configuration of this event?

Comment

Code:
          Jan-28 10:25:52 PM           Event     Event Trigger "Test Test AirSpeak 2"
          Jan-28 10:25:52 PM           Event     Event Test Test AirSpeak 2 triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
          so these 2 lines are everything you get in the logs when you try to run the event that play an audio file?

Could you also attach a screenshot of the configuration of this event?

Yes, these are the only 2 lines in the log when I trigger the AirSpeak2 Event.

Per your request, attached is a screenshot of my 2 AirSpeak events.
          Attached Files

Comment

To play an audio file with AirplaySpeak you need to use a "Speak Something" action not a "Play Audio File" action. It's a little misleading but the "Speak Something" action is the only one I can override from a plugin.

There is an example at the end of the user guide: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165644

Comment

To play an audio file with AirplaySpeak you need to use a "Speak Something" action not a "Play Audio File" action. It's a little misleading but the "Speak Something" action is the only one I can override from a plugin.

There is an example at the end of the user guide: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165644
              Got it working. Now I need to figure how to change the sampling rate so all my files can be played. But that's my problem not yours

Thanks for being patient with me while I got this plugin working. I will buy the plugin.

Thanks again.

Comment

Another question. I noticed on the sample in the user's guide that an iPad is listed as an airplay device. Do I understand it correctly that the plugin can stream to iPads (and maybe iPhones too)? If so, how do I add iOS devices to the Airplay device list.

BTW, just bought the plugin. Thanks again for the assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by mgonzales100 View Post
                  Got it working. Now I need to figure how to change the sampling rate so all my files can be played. But that's my problem not yours
                  actually you can use a file with any sampling rate, if it is not 44100Hz the plugin is supposed to resample on the fly so that you may lose quality but it supposed to work.

Another question. I noticed on the sample in the user's guide that an iPad is listed as an airplay device. Do I understand it correctly that the plugin can stream to iPads (and maybe iPhones too)? If so, how do I add iOS devices to the Airplay device list.
                  yes you can stream to iOS devices (iPhone, iPad), if your device is jailbroken and you have installed AirPlay Server from Cydia

Comment

Working...
                  X