Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious problem. Can't adjust the volume on an action.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious problem. Can't adjust the volume on an action.

I've scoured the documentation, but there doesn't appear to be a way to change the volume in an individual speak action. I have different types of notifications. Some are informational and need to be spoken in a low volume. Emergency or security events need to be spoken loudly.

Also, I use a 6 zone amp with airplay zones throughout the house. The zones are auto on triggered by the input. If they are off, i.e. not used for 4 minute which I keep track in hs, I play a warmup sound like a beep. It needs to be played at the same volume in all zones yet each zone has it's own volume setting in the airplay speak config.

Is there no tag I can add to the to play text and audio files at a specific volume for that action????

For example, using:

<volume level="100">
    This text should be spoken at volume level one hundred.
    </volume>

which is the standard TSS tag for setting volume is completely ignored and the entire text including the tags are spoken.

Comment

there is a scripting function you can use to set the volume of a speaker to a specific level:

Code:
      void SetSpeakerVolume(string name, int volume)

Comment

Originally posted by sorka View Post
        For example, using:

<volume level="100">
        This text should be spoken at volume level one hundred.
        </volume>

which is the standard TSS tag for setting volume is completely ignored and the entire text including the tags are spoken.
        I may implement this volume tag if this is something that already work with HS speakers.
        Where did you find out about this tag, I can't find it in the HS docs?

Comment

It's part of Microsoft's SAPI TTS XML.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            there is a scripting function you can use to set the volume of a speaker to a specific level:

Code:
            void SetSpeakerVolume(string name, int volume)
            Something like:

&hs.SetSpeakerVolume("Garage", 100)

?

Comment

Oh, wait. I found your example. Trying it now.

Comment

Hmm, so if I run this in the script window:

&hs.Plugin("AirplaySpeak").SetSpeakerVolume("Side Room / Office", -30)

I get the following error:

1/19/2014 10:57:12 AM Event Running script statement immediately: &hs.Plugin("AirplaySpeak").SetSpeakerVolume("Side Room / Office", -30)
                1/19/2014 10:57:12 AM Error Running script, init error: Object required: 'hs.Plugin(...)'

Comment

If I run it inside a .vbs:

Sub Main(parm as object)
                  hs.Plugin("AirplaySpeak").SetSpeakerVolume("Side Room / Office", -30)
                  End Sub

I get this error:

1/19/2014 12:10:30 PM Event Delayed event execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Airplay:Warmup Airplay
                  1/19/2014 12:10:30 PM Event Running script in background: SpeakerVolume.vbs
                  1/19/2014 12:10:30 PM Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: SpeakerVolume.vbs1006:Expected ')' in line 1 More info: Expected ')'

Comment

Originally posted by sorka View Post
                    If I run it inside a .vbs:

Sub Main(parm as object)
                    hs.Plugin("AirplaySpeak").SetSpeakerVolume("Side Room / Office", -30)
                    End Sub

I get this error:

1/19/2014 12:10:30 PM Event Delayed event execution skipped, the conditions applied were not met: Airplay:Warmup Airplay
                    1/19/2014 12:10:30 PM Event Running script in background: SpeakerVolume.vbs
                    1/19/2014 12:10:30 PM Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: SpeakerVolume.vbs1006:Expected ')' in line 1 More info: Expected ')'
                    try to pu the same lines inside a .vb instead of a .vbs

Comment

Yup. That worked. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X