Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jessa11
    replied
    Sorry I just saw this even though I subscribed to the thread. I changed some profile settings so maybe I will actually get instant notifications. I will try what you suggest. I think it's a combination of factors that includes my wireless network. However, I am still able to get good streaming using only iTunes. Dropouts only once in a while. I will have to troubleshoot this further and get back to you. Thank you for your suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    I don't see anything wrong in the logs, but it's hard
    I just tested myself with AirBubble on a Samsung S3 + 2 Airport Express and everything worked fine.

such problems could be caused by a lot of things: problem with AirBubble, problem with your network, etc...
    you should try to replicate one problem consistently with the minimum number of speaker enabled and try to investigate from there
    for example you could try to monitor CPU and Network of your HS machine, when you run a speak action.
    when Airbubble doesn't work, does restarting it fix the problem? does disabling other speakers fix the problem?

Leave a comment:

• jessa11
    replied
    Wow! That was fast!

I am attaching the log file here. I apologize that it is so long, but I was trying to replicate the problem. Apparently, now my Droid (AirBubble) is being dropped, but the two speakers (ARAP50) are working. Here's a the sequence of events in the log:

1. AirplaySpeak (ASP) disabled and re-enabled after HS3 restart.
    2. Played brief test message in different combinations of the 3 clients (disabled and reenabled through ASP config page), two ARAP50 working, Droid not working.
    3. Realized the Droid client name was wrong within HS3 event and changed this after a couple of event runs (Duh! I changed this to a more user friendly name this AM but forgot.)
    4. Test message working on all 3 clients (2 ARAP50 speakers + Droid).
    5. Played Current Weather (longer message). Still all OK.
    6. Changed 3 sec delay to start on all 3 clients to 0 seconds. Still OK with long Current Weather message.
    7. Enabled Forward speak to HS speakers in APS. Now no speech to Droid. On second or maybe third try, HS speakers didn't work either.

This AM I set each ARAP50 client to a static IP address. Droid is still using DHCP from router. I have a wired 4 port Leviton 47611 Gateway (10/100Mbs) behind a Netgear WNDR4500 serving as a wireless access point (DHCP disabled). UPnP is enabled for everything. I installed the latest version of iTunes yesterday, and I am running HS3 on Windows 8.1. My Droid is a Samsung Galaxy III running AirBubble 1.0.12 within Android 4.3. I always try and include more information rather than less for troubleshooting. Thank you for your help!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by jessa11 View Post
    I am using this plugin with the Acoustic Research ARAP50. These are very cheap on Amazon right now, so I figured I'd try them. These are wifi only speakers that must be plugged in to work.

The plugin was working great with one speaker plus my Droid (AirBubble), but as soon as I added a second ARAP50, it started seriously cutting out. I can't even get a second's worth of speaking. They work OK using just iTunes, cutting out maybe once a song. That's not great for music purposes, but I want to use them for short announcements mainly.
    could you set the log level to debug and capture the logs
    (a) when the plugin discovers the speakers
    (b) when you enable only one speaker and speak something, i.e. case where it works
    (c) when you enable both speakers and speak something, i.e case where it doesn't work

ideally please post your logs in anew thread, let's keep this one for its original purpose. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• jessa11
    started a topic Problem with ARAP50 and AirBubble

Problem with ARAP50 and AirBubble

I am using this plugin with the Acoustic Research ARAP50. These are very cheap on Amazon right now, so I figured I'd try them. These are wifi only speakers that must be plugged in to work.

The plugin was working great with one speaker plus my Droid (AirBubble), but as soon as I added a second ARAP50, it started seriously cutting out. I can't even get a second's worth of speaking. They work OK using just iTunes, cutting out maybe once a song. That's not great for music purposes, but I want to use them for short announcements mainly.
Working...
X