Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spud
    replied
    From the config page set "Forward Speak events to HS Speakers" to No.

and you don t have to run the airplayspeak plugin remotely

Leave a comment:

• kenrad
    replied
    A few more questions on airplay speak. I use blspeech as a speech proxy and installed airplayspeak to run on a few of my remote machines to send tts to xbmc but when I have ot enabled it also speaks through the main PC giving me repeat messages is there any way to just have it talk on the remote machines.

Cheers Ken

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    That's perfect! Man I used to code C at the age of 12...traded all of that for business/project management as an adult..

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    got it
    here is the script with parameters

Code:
    Sub Main(ByVal parms as object)
      Dim parmArray() As String
      parmArray = parms.ToString().Split(",")
      hs.PluginFunction("AirplaySpeak", "", "SetSpeakerEnabled", new Object() {parmArray(0), Convert.ToBoolean(parmArray(1))})
    End Sub
    and add the parameters in the action separated by a comma like for example: AirPort Express 1, False

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    You can pass items to a the script when you call from an event they come in through the main function where they are declared.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by kideon View Post
    Man that's great! Is the speech that would be spoken a variable that can be accessed? It would be cool to intercept it and send to a notification on XBMC.
    no there is no variable to get the text to be spoken, but I guess there is some other SpeakProxy plugins that allow to do that.

or instead of using a Speak action you could implement a script that would call hs.Speak as well as the XBMC notification stuff.

also in the above script could it be modified to take the status and speaker from the event call? That way it could be just one script.
    Not sure I understand, what event call?

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    also in the above script could it be modified to take the status and speaker from the event call? That way it could be just one script.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Man that's great! Is the speech that would be spoken a variable that can be accessed? It would be cool to intercept it and send to a notification on XBMC.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    yes it's possible to enable/disable an Airplay speaker for Airplay Speak plugin using scripting:

Paste the following lines in a .vb file, change the first parameter to your speaker name, and the second to False to disable or True to enable, then run the script from an event:

Code:
    Sub Main(ByVal parm as object)
    hs.PluginFunction("AirplaySpeak", "", "SetSpeakerEnabled", new Object() {"AirPort Express 1", True})
    End Sub
    I should probably make that a native action for more user friendlyness

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    You might want to check out the xbmc plugin to get windows vs spoken announcements. If you're watching a movie and an airplay stream comes in xbmc gets thrown out of whack. Spud is there a way to enable and disable the airplay speakers? It could be a real easy event to trigger that when xbmc is playing a file

Leave a comment:

• kenrad
    replied
    Thanks for the info guys. Ill have to change things a little but not to bad. Xbmc is also running on these machines so I will have to go that route.

Cheers Ken

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    itunes is an Airplay sender (just like the AirplaySpeak plugin) but not an Airplay receiver.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    ITunes itself doesn't but there are really low overhead open source apps like shairport that can do the job

Leave a comment:

• kenrad
    started a topic Airplayspeak doesnt see Itunes as airplay speaker

Airplayspeak doesnt see Itunes as airplay speaker

I might be confused but doesnt Itunes have an airplay speaker. I just started setting up airplay speak and thought that I could get HS to speak through Itunes am I wrong on this none of my instances of Itunes show up under the devices in the airpaly config

Cheers Ken
Working...
X