Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delay between speak command and actually hearing it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edwilloughby
    replied
    Spker droping and delay

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
    Ed,

First off, look at this http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184244

Also, what kind of AirPlay speakers do you have? I have a bunch of Philips and they needed a firmware update.

Since the firmware update and the router settings I'm pretty satisfied. I would like instant speaking through the AirPlay speakers, but 3-5 seconds is okay.

Michael
    Thanks Michael for the reply,

I use the ASUS RT-AC88 router and have tried your settings from your earlier post, I did not see any difference in the delay in speech. I was fairly the same.

As for the speakers, Well I started with iHome IW3's and now have 3 additional phillips. They all routinely drop off of the network and many times will show up on the network and play airplay but not HS speech.

All speakers are at the latest firmware release. I had to call Phillips to get the latest from them.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks
    Ed

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    Ed,

First off, look at this http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184244

Also, what kind of AirPlay speakers do you have? I have a bunch of Philips and they needed a firmware update.

Since the firmware update and the router settings I'm pretty satisfied. I would like instant speaking through the AirPlay speakers, but 3-5 seconds is okay.

Michael

Leave a comment:

• edwilloughby
    replied
    bump!

Any input Spud

Leave a comment:

• edwilloughby
    replied
    Delay

I have the same issue with delay.

Also HS plugin sees the speakers in the config but, fails at times to use them, when this happens I can check network and 'see the speakers by both name and IP'. If I restart HS the speakers will once again work for a while then HS will quit using them. Sometimes this will be days and some times this will be hours between loss of speech.

Don't know where to turn.

BTW when HS fails to speak I can use IOS Airplay to play music via the same speakers that HS is not using.

Thanks
    Ed

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    The delay is approximately 39 seconds between the time it is heard on the HS computer and then the AirPlay speakers which are a combination of Philips and JBL.

No delay is set on the config page.

I have several events that speak, such as when the doorbell is pressed. By the time it is announced, sometimes the caller has left.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Michael

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    I'm not sure I can do something for that.
    How long is the delay you are experiencing? What kind of Airplay Speakers do you use? In the Config page do you have the "Delay Before" setting set to > 0?

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    Spud? Can you comment?

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    started a topic Delay between speak command and actually hearing it.

Delay between speak command and actually hearing it.

Is there a way to decrease the delay between when HS speaks something and I hear it on the speakers?
Working...
X