Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new house - reconfiguring - cant get it to work

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • new house - reconfiguring - cant get it to work

    Hi Blade,

    This plugin has been so reliable, I have had no complaints. Except now I cant get it to work.

    This config worked at the old house. I had it disabled for a while, but now that I am getting the whole house audio running reenabled and it never opens up the port. I use a startech 4 port serial over ip extender. I have confirmed it works fine (it is being used to connect to elk). I have swapped cables, tried the same port that the elk uses (disabling the elk first), etc. I have completely deleted all files, devices, and reinstalled from scratch. I have removed and reactivated serial ports just to make sure it wasnt that. 100% sure its something in the plugin registration, or something with a bug n the plugin itself (maybe now that .net 4 is out???)

    Attached is a debug log when I am trying to open com. It never opens. It always stays in the closed state. The debug log consists of changing port, going to status, pressing open, and showing closed. You'll notice the error not instance of an object message when it tries to open it. Not sure what else to try. Tried registering the .reg file mentioned in another post. Nada. Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Files
    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

  • #2
    Have you tried re-installing the plugin?
    I have absolutely no issues with it here.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

    Comment


    • #3
      Yep. Tried reinstalling. No luck. Maybe my switch is bad - which sucks cause I dont know of anything comparable at a reasonable price, and last time I looked into it he still wasnt producing any and wasnt willing to pursue without significant investor financing.

      I think next step is to try a different plugin just to confirm it doesnt work with other software.
      HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

      Comment


      • #4
        update.

        larry pittman's plugin is working fine, so it does appear to be something with the plugin. have you tried with 2.5.0.23 HS and .net 4 installed?

        I would prefer to use your plugin, but for now will just settle using pitt's until we can figure it out.
        HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

        Comment


        • #5
          I am running HS 2.5.0.44 and I have .net 4 installed since I am running Windows 7 64bit
          The plugin will only use .net 2.0 tho

          You tried running the MSCommControl.reg file that is in the /data/BLAB8SS/Registration folder
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kuntakintay View Post
            I would prefer to use your plugin, but for now will just settle using pitt's until we can figure it out.
            Did you get it worked out? I ran into the same thing recently. What I found was that it was MUCH faster to just reload BLAB8SS. Save your old INI somewhere, shut down HS, erase the rest of the BLAB8SS files (not 100% sure you need too do this), reinstal BLAB8SS, copy the device and theme lines out of your old INI and paste them into the new INI, run the MSCommControl.reg file, then restart HS. I was back to 100% operational in <10 minutes.

            I made the mistake of renaming one of the speaker devices outside of the plug-in. AB8SS is finnicky about stuff like that. ALWAYS use the plug-in to make changes. If you do, it will always work.

            This is a great plug-on. The price is great too!

            Rob
            .

            Comment

            Working...
            X