AVR-X3300W - Limited Functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVR-X3300W - Limited Functions

I'm considering purchasing the Denon Plugin, as I have the above amp. It's a relatively new model, released last year and part of a new range. However, like a few people on here, I have only very limited functions which seem to be available, picture attached.

I don't have massive needs to be honest. I'm happy to do advanced stuff manually, but what I'd like to be able to do is control power, control volume and change the source. The first two work fine, but changing source doesnt work. All the sources are listed, so there's clearly something there, but they don't work. Changing them reflects in the plugin, but doesnt actually do anything on the amp

The amp has a web front end, and the commands work through there. I've tried to find a command reference to provide here, with no luck. Perhaps I can provide a capture of the web-front end control?
    Attached Files

Just as an update, I did some more tinkering on this and I can see the issue. When I do a capture, I can see that the plugin sends an "SV" command when I change the input. This doesn't work, hwoever when I telnet in manually, and use the "SI" command, this works fine.

I don't know enough about VB scripting, or more relevantly how to do it in Homeseer. Anyone have any tips or ideas, or useful links maybe? i've seen reference to someone on Blade's forums saynig there's a template they've used, but I can't find it anywhere.

Comment

I managed to make this work. The plugin help isn't the clearest on how to actually do this. I get that for someone familiar with the back end it might be a piece of crystal cake, but to people like me, i.e. non-vb or hs3 coders, it's not. The plug in is fine, and I will definitely buy it, but it could be a little more user friendly. I'm coming to find this forum isn't the busiest, or the HS3 product the most robust and complete (touch designer crashes constantly on a 4k screen and the software itself randomly stops responding), but heigh-ho. I've bought my pro subscription, so might as well make the most!

So anyway, here's an attempt to flesh the procedure out in case anyone else comes across this and struggles

1. Browse to your HS3 install directory, and enter into the scripts folder.
      2. Create a new file, mine's called "denonChangeSourceGame.vb" as an example. suffix matters!
      3. In that file, you can copy the command that Blade has in the help file, it needs to be put into a main subroutine though. Here's my example, which sends a raw command to change the source input. Once you've done, save the file.

Sub Main(Parm As Object)

Dim theResponse As String = ""
      theResponse = hs.PluginFunction("BLDenon", "", "SendRawCommand", {1,"SISAT/CBL"})
      hs.writelog("Info", "The response for the command is: " & theResponse)
      theResponse = Nothing

End Sub

4. This one sends an "SISAT/CBL" to the amp. The commands can be found at the following link. I don't know if these suit everyone, but they work for me with the 3300W

http://openrb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/AVR3312CI_AVR3312_PROTOCOL_V7.6.0.pdf

5. In whatever event you create, under your "Then" clause, select "run a script or script command"
      6. Click edit to select your script, and then select the file you just created above.

That's it! Maybe this isn't the most efficient, I'm not sure, but it works for me. I'm happy to take criticism if people have a more appropriate way. If I were more confident with vb, I'd probably turn the command into a parameter. At the moment I'm creating a seperate script for each command, which isn't scalable, but I only need less than 10 commands for what I want to do.

Comment

Hello, I have a very similar problem. I have a Denon AVR-2113CI, and the plugin seems to not work to select the Blu-ray HDMI input. It shows up as BD in the plugin, and the command from the list you posted it is SIBD. I edited your script, but it still isn't working. maybe the 2113 is a different command? I have a HDMI Switch and an Apple TV connected to the switch. When I manually select the Blu-ray input it shows up fine, so I'm kinda stumped. Ideas?
        Attached Files

Comment

i figured this out. my file was still a txt file. i somehow accidentally got it to save as a .vb file and it's working.

Comment

Glad you got this sorted - do you still need the help desk ticket you put in for this
            If so I will have to look into it when I get home later today
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I have it working, so I'm good, it would be nice if you could look and see if there's a problem with the plugin dealing with the blu-ray input. I guess?

Comment

The latest release of the plugin fixed the issue. Now that i'm paying attention, everything I select says Stereo. I don't seem to have Surround as an option. Does the Denon Auto-Detect the source's format?

Comment

Originally posted by davethehedgehog View Post
                  I managed to make this work. The plugin help isn't the clearest on how to actually do this. I get that for someone familiar with the back end it might be a piece of crystal cake, but to people like me, i.e. non-vb or hs3 coders, it's not. The plug in is fine, and I will definitely buy it, but it could be a little more user friendly. I'm coming to find this forum isn't the busiest, or the HS3 product the most robust and complete (touch designer crashes constantly on a 4k screen and the software itself randomly stops responding), but heigh-ho. I've bought my pro subscription, so might as well make the most!

So anyway, here's an attempt to flesh the procedure out in case anyone else comes across this and struggles

1. Browse to your HS3 install directory, and enter into the scripts folder.
                  2. Create a new file, mine's called "denonChangeSourceGame.vb" as an example. suffix matters!
                  3. In that file, you can copy the command that Blade has in the help file, it needs to be put into a main subroutine though. Here's my example, which sends a raw command to change the source input. Once you've done, save the file.

Sub Main(Parm As Object)

Dim theResponse As String = ""
                  theResponse = hs.PluginFunction("BLDenon", "", "SendRawCommand", {1,"SISAT/CBL"})
                  hs.writelog("Info", "The response for the command is: " & theResponse)
                  theResponse = Nothing

End Sub

4. This one sends an "SISAT/CBL" to the amp. The commands can be found at the following link. I don't know if these suit everyone, but they work for me with the 3300W

http://openrb.com/wp-content/uploads...COL_V7.6.0.pdf

5. In whatever event you create, under your "Then" clause, select "run a script or script command"
                  6. Click edit to select your script, and then select the file you just created above.

That's it! Maybe this isn't the most efficient, I'm not sure, but it works for me. I'm happy to take criticism if people have a more appropriate way. If I were more confident with vb, I'd probably turn the command into a parameter. At the moment I'm creating a seperate script for each command, which isn't scalable, but I only need less than 10 commands for what I want to do.

I think I'm even more of a newbie than you- I also have the 3300W, so am attempting some tweaks. I can't for the life of me find the "web page" with instructions how to make additions to function with the receivers with different protocol. Any help in pointing in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                  X