Input text hard coded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input text hard coded?

I am looking to change the text of the inputs to match the custom text I have on my receiver.

I changed the device status text and that changes the options to set the device but not the displayed text. Other plugins this normally will change both.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1356462
    thanks,

Scott
    Attached Files

Interested in this as well. You may have to file as bug on Blades website.

Comment

So Blade does not support this through the forum?

It has been a few days and no response...

Scott

Comment

I do not always see every post on the forums. It is best to log a ticket on my help desk site

http://bladeplugins.com

Please provide a debug log of the device changing and not updating properly - this will help troubleshoot it
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          I do not always see every post on the forums. It is best to log a ticket on my help desk site

http://bladeplugins.com

Please provide a debug log of the device changing and not updating properly - this will help troubleshoot it
          I am not looking to create yet another new logon to another new forum... Everything points to this forum for support.

It would appear you missed my issue.

This is not something I can provide a debug log for, nor would it help.

It seems that the text for the audio inputs are hard coded. I tried to adjust as I normally would in the device status graphics but it appears that changed the input values not the string/output values.
          This is not normal behavior that I have seen in other plugins.

I.E. my SAT/CBL is referenced as TiVo on my Denon, so I changed the text on the device and while it correctly reflects TiVo on the drop down for the setting it still reflects SAT/CBL for the device string.

Scott

Comment

OK I will take a look at this and let u know

You would be best to log a ticket on my web site for this - that way I do not lose track of it.
            I have a lot of plugins I support and this way it allows me to track it much better and respond thru my help desk
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

This thread is old, but I am not sure if an update was provided. This is what I found out...

The string appears to have a recurring refresh by the plugin every 5 - 6 seconds, which is most likely an important feature in order to sync the HS3 Denon devices with any external changes made by things like an AVR / TV remote, etc.

I created an event that sets the string to "DirecTV" when the audio input device changes and becomes CBL/SAT. That works for about 5 seconds then the plugin refreshes the string with the AVR's current states.

-

If you ever need to change a "persistent" string for a device then you can accomplish using example methods below:

Option 1:

Name:	Capture-temp1.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	1390950

Option 2: Execute command. #685 in parameter below is the device's reference ID.

Name:	Capture-temp2.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1390951

Comment

Working...
              X