Connection Problem with Denon AVR-4810CI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Problem with Denon AVR-4810CI

I download and tried the plugin last night. I couldnt get the plugin to connect with the Denon no matter what port I tried.

I have a AVR-4810CI and I can hit the unit on the local LAN and interact with the web page controller no problem. I presume the port number is 80, since I dont type anything but the LAN IP address to access the unit.

Is there another port I should be using? Or is the AVR-4810CI not supported?

Thanks

Sorrt... It is really hit and miss on which ones will work.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

My 4307 uses port 23 for control....

Comment

Having no luck here or with the other Denon plugin on this board, I had no alternative but to use the webpage control for some simple commands.

I noticed that the PDA pages on the Denon control webpage were using .asp, and I was able to successfully control the power and source and mute using .asp functions by using geturl scripting. However, I need to be able to determine status of the amp. I havent figured out how to do this with .asp. There is a different webpage that is not the PDA control page and it appears to be using java commands inside html, and I havent got a clue there. Ive tried googling for Denon documents without success.

Do you have any idea how I can get amp status without using the plugins?

Comment

I actually got the plugin communicating correctly. I found the protocol document on the France Denon site and found out that port 23 was the proper port.

My LAN settings had telnet blocked. Once I opened up port 23 everything works great.

Comment

I'm trying to get vb scripts in homeseer (blade plugin) working with my denon 4810 avr, but it does nothing. The "denon control" part is working, so it doesn't look like a network communication problem. Is there someone who has a working vb script example for turning the power of the denon off? And a step by step instruction.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
            X