• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JKB
    replied
    Originally posted by cc4005 View Post

My receiver...
    Thank you for your reply, greatly appreciated! After reading a lot around the web, I'm now looking at the Denon AVR-X4500H, mainly due to Audyssey, but also for the discrete subwoofer outputs. The downside is that it's a bit pricier and also lack support for Chromecast.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied
    Originally posted by JKB View Post
    Is this fixed? Also, does the PI support to set a chosen volume level?

The reason I ask is because I'm looking to buy a new receiver and I've been looking at the RZ830. The volume setting is one of the biggest reason why I want to upgrade from my old H/K AVR635. The 635 only support to receive one volume step +/- at the time via the RS-232, incredibly annoying.

Do you have any other positive/negative things to mention about the 820?

Thanks!
    My receiver is a different model--TX-NR656--but I've experimented briefly with directly setting the volume via the PI. The device controls provided are "Up", "Down" and a slider. The slider makes me think a direct value should be able to be set. I tried using an immediate script but the value doesn't seem to be sent to the receiver. The PI device briefly changes value but then returns to the prior setting without changing the receiver's volume. Maybe a more advanced script is needed? I got busy and never pursued it any further as it wasn't critical to my configuration.

Leave a comment:

• JKB
    replied
    Is this fixed? Also, does the PI support to set a chosen volume level?

The reason I ask is because I'm looking to buy a new receiver and I've been looking at the RZ830. The volume setting is one of the biggest reason why I want to upgrade from my old H/K AVR635. The 635 only support to receive one volume step +/- at the time via the RS-232, incredibly annoying.

Do you have any other positive/negative things to mention about the 820?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• pmendiuk
    started a topic TX-RZ820 Volume

TX-RZ820 Volume

Hello,
    I just replaced a TX-NR818 with a TX-RZ820 and thought everything was fine until I tried to turn up the volume. The plugin will increase the volume to 0x50H which was the complete range for the NR-818 but the TX-RZ820 volume range is 0xA4. I can change the range of the slider in the GUI but it still stops at 0x50H.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick
Working...
X