Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onkyo status as triggers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Onkyo status as triggers

    Hi
    i am trying to setup a few events that need the onkyo status as triggers but i only have the status of the plugin

    i would like to have a rule like this:
    IF Virtual Device - AWAY is turned on AND Onkyo status is ON THEN send Onkyo Standby command.

    Is this possible?
    i cannot monitor the IP address since it is always on

  • #2
    Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
    Hi
    i am trying to setup a few events that need the onkyo status as triggers but i only have the status of the plugin

    i would like to have a rule like this:
    IF Virtual Device - AWAY is turned on AND Onkyo status is ON THEN send Onkyo Standby command.

    Is this possible?
    i cannot monitor the IP address since it is always on



    if you are going to be away...why not just skip the ON status check and just set the receiver to Standby

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by wadesready View Post
      if you are going to be away...why not just skip the ON status check and just set the receiver to Standby
      The long story is that the TV and Receiver always go together.
      while i can send "Standby" to the receiver i must send an IR signal to the TV (that is the same to power on and power off the TV).
      if the Onkyo is at "On" Status i can send both the TV and the Onkyo an Off signal.

      i can use the Onkyo status as an indicator to the TV's state.
      i am working on a script that will give a virtual device ON/Off status depending on the status of the Onkyo but it would be a lot easier if this was a trigger.

      same goes to other options. -If the Onkyo volume is larger than XXX Then XXX.

      can this be done?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
        The long story is that the TV and Receiver always go together.
        while i can send "Standby" to the receiver i must send an IR signal to the TV (that is the same to power on and power off the TV).
        if the Onkyo is at "On" Status i can send both the TV and the Onkyo an Off signal.

        i can use the Onkyo status as an indicator to the TV's state.
        i am working on a script that will give a virtual device ON/Off status depending on the status of the Onkyo but it would be a lot easier if this was a trigger.

        same goes to other options. -If the Onkyo volume is larger than XXX Then XXX.

        can this be done?



        you can use an irblaster with plugin to first send an ir command to the tv and then switch the receiver to standby through the receivers plugin. and whatever lights, fans, door locks you want set while you are in away status. I do it already. (I think I switch the receivers power off with a zwave switch) no scripting, just through an event.

        Comment

        Working...
        X