Blade Onkyo crashes HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Onkyo crashes HS3

Onkyo 2.0.66.0 crashes my HS3 randomly. When it does, the HS/Plugins/Manage page will not load and all HS functionality stops. If I end the process HSPI_BLOnkyo using task manager, the HS/Plugins/Manage page loads. Has this happened to anyone who knows how to repair it?

I have 2 receivers configured:
    Model: TX-NR515 (North American model)
    Model: TX-NR626 (North American model)
    Receiver Polling Seconds 60 seconds

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro N - Work Station
    OS Version: 10.0.19041 Service Pack: 0.0
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.45.0: BLLAN
    2.0.66.0: BLOnkyo
    1.0.5.0: BLShutdown
    0.0.0.31: drhsIpPlugIn
    3.2.0.9: MeiKu
    0.0.0.48: Pushover 3P
    3.0.4.6: Tasker Plugin
    3.0.1.0: Vista Alarm
    3.0.1.19: weatherXML
    3.0.2.0: Z-Wave

I have 4 integra receivers (uses the same protocols as Onkyo) and have had this happen from time to time when a receiver loses connectivity to the HS computer. My system goes out to lunch what seems like 10 or 15 minutes. The next time it happens, Try this...unplug your receivers, count to 10 and plug them back in. Turning off power to the receiver or unplugging the network cable does not do it. Once you unplug, your server/web pages should start responding again. Once the system becomes responsive again, try restarting the plug-in to finish clearing things up again.

My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Hi Mr_Resistor, thanks for sharing that information. I wonder if the plugin should be redesigned to solve this lockup problem. If the receivers do not respond, I would expect the plugin to handle an error with a timeout, so that it does not hang the whole system. Does Blade monitor this thread for feedback and future enhancement ideas?

Comment

Always best to submit the bug through his website. Let me know if the procedure I described works / thaws out your frozen machine the next time it happens.
        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Working...
        X