Adding a Command to BLOnkyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a Command to BLOnkyo

Not sure if this is a bug or a lack of understanding on my part or a feature request?

Ultimately i would like to do more with this product than the commands that I see by default. I am in trial with HS3 and BLOnkyo, so I have limited time to figure out if the features I desire in the new versions of these products.

I see a feature to add commands; however, after I add a command it does not show in the device manager. Seems like this would be a natural feature.

Maybe I need to be asking how to manually add the command as a device?

Feature Request: a "Test Command" button. I was able to find commands on line; however, it appears that the commands might not work for all receivers. I would expect this since different products have different features that may or may not apply. However the steps required to test the command is extensive since devices are not automatically added and the alternative is to jump back and forth to events and manually run the event.

Maybe this is all all a lack of understanding if so just please also point me to the right self help forum/article/manual.

This is an old post, but I have basically the same question, but this wasn't answered. Here is my slight spin on it. One of the options that I want is to be able to display and control the listening mode. So, I added the LMD command. I thought it would add a device for the listening mode and populate it with the various listening modes so that I could display it or change it. What am I not understanding here.
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

It only adds a command to the plugin.
      It will not add a device.
      I have a feature request already to add a listening mode device
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Sorry, I think that I am still missing the concept here. I think the OP was as well. What good does it do to add a command if it doesn't add a device. How would I control it -- the listening mode? How would I keep track of the which listening mode was currently set?
        - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
        Web Site
        YouTube Channel

Comment

The concept was you add a command and you can use the BLOnkyo event actions to send the command. I totally missed the mark of seeing the status of it. Listening mode is on my list to add as a device.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Why don't you just create all of the commands (and devices as appropriate)? Listening Mode was just one of my top two used in the past so I looked for that immediately. I haven't looked to see if there is anything else that is missing a device for status.

I can understand that, perhaps, you may not want dozens/hundreds of devices, but maybe there could just be a checkbox for ones to disable the device creation. I didn't create a device for everything in my HS2 plugin, but it was just my personal hack. I would guess that my favorite/needed devices might differ from other peoples.

Can you clarify what you mean by "on my list" in your reply. I don't mean for that to come across rude or demanding. I am just trying to figure out what I'd be buying?
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

It means that there is already a feature request for it submitted by another user.
              I do plan to add it because I also have an Onkyo as well. I will see about getting it added over the next week but I am quite busy now that the kids are back in school as well as I am working on issues with some other plugins and that has to be my priority to fix the bugs because I add some new features. I cannot promise but will do my best to get listening mode added for you
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I have added listening mode but am still testing it
                Here is a screenshot of the device
                Attached Files
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Thanks for the update. The control section would be similar to input selection, though, right? I thought it would be, perhaps, up/down and a drop-down with available listening modes.
                  - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                  Web Site
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

More like this
                    Attached Files
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                      More like this
                      Yeah, that makes sense. I don't know what the other buttons are for (movie/game/etc). They seem redundant with the drop-down. However, maybe you were thinking these were common options for a quick selection.

Related to this. How do you know which listening modes are available for a particular reciever? Do you just put them all in there and we would just need to know not to select ones that are not valid for our receiver? Also, they have different meanings on different models. For instance sets PLII/PLIIx Movie OR Dolby Atmos/Dolby Surround.

Also a similar question on input selections. My input selections are also limited or named differently.
                      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                      Web Site
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

The buttons for Movie, Music and Game simulate the buttons on the remote control. My Onkyo 636 has these buttons and I assume others have them too.

I added all the ones I could get from the spreadsheet out on the web for the LMD command. You can go into the device status graphics tab and rename them to what your receiver uses.
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

The buttons for Movie, Music and Game simulate the buttons on the remote control. My Onkyo 636 has these buttons and I assume others have them too.

I added all the ones I could get from the spreadsheet out on the web for the LMD command. You can go into the device status graphics tab and rename them to what your receiver uses.
                          Thanks, I saw a new version and I see this new device is there now. I started to update the status sections of the controls to add the ones that are named differently. I deleted ones that are not valid for my receiver. I also had to add a few that were missing. However, now, the control no longer displays a drop list, but just the last button for row 2. Is there a trick to getting it to display as a drop list?
                          - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                          Web Site
                          YouTube Channel

Comment

I will go through the valid ones on mine as well and see what happens when I start changing them. I will let you know what I find.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

I should clarify... The first one that I was was adjusting the values for was the input selection. I didn't get to the listening mode yet.

I didn't know if there was some trick that I was missing as to how HS knew to use a drop list instead of buttons. I tried to read up a bit and see that it will do this for ranges, but you had this working with single values. I suspect that, perhaps, the logic is supposed to be that if there are more than one value that has the same row/col/span that it would assume it is a drop-down. I did check that all of my values are set to the same row/col/span. It just seems to display the last one as a button -- perhaps they are all buttons and just the last one is on top of the others.

I want to make sure I am clear too that I removed a couple values and add a couple values that were missing. I'd have to check which ones, but I know bluetooth was one of them.

EDIT: Hey, BTW, it seems we have the same model of receiver.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-09-12_19-43-45.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1192290

I will go through the valid ones on mine as well and see what happens when I start changing them. I will let you know what I find.
                              - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                              Web Site
                              YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X