BLRussound device names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLRussound device names

I will be adding a new option on the BLRussound options page to rename all Russound devices and remove the controller zone prefix out of the names. If you turn this on, it will update all devices and change the names

If you do not want to do that just leave it turned off
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Awesome!

Would it be possible to also remove some of the devices that don't work with some controllers? For instance the CAA66 doesn't use the party mode, DND, and some other settings. They are just wasted devices that "take up space"...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      Awesome!

Would it be possible to also remove some of the devices that don't work with some controllers? For instance the CAA66 doesn't use the party mode, DND, and some other settings. They are just wasted devices that "take up space"...LOL
      2.0.121 will remove the controller zone prefix from the zone devices (if it exists)
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

What happens if you unselect this option.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          What happens if you unselect this option.
          I decided not to give the option - if the c#z# prefix exists in the device name of a zone device it will be removed

If that does not exist in the device name then it will not touch it
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

If I want to be able to control a zone feature in an event, is there any option - besides manually adding the zone designation back to the HS device name - to determine which zone is which in the event device list dropdown?
            Attached Files
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              If I want to be able to control a zone feature in an event, is there any option - besides manually adding the zone designation back to the HS device name - to determine which zone is which in the event device list dropdown?
              I didn't see a response to this question. I too have to remember which zone number is which because it doesn't show the zone name as "Uncle Michael" indicates. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Comment

I have worked around this by moving each zone's devices to their respective rooms (or creating a room for it if needed).
                HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                  I have worked around this by moving each zone's devices to their respective rooms (or creating a room for it if needed).
                  Thanks for the suggestion. That works very good. Really appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                    Worked for me too.

Comment

Working...
                    X