Port number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port number?

I'm using a Hometroller ZEE S2 controller. It only has USB ports. I called Homeseer support and they suggested I buy their Trendnet USB to serial converter to connect to my Russound Cav6.6. But since the ZEE is a Linux device what port do I enter into the Russound Plugin? I know Linux ports are something like /dev/xxx instead of COMn like on a PC. Homeseer supposrt said I needed to contact you for the info since it's not their plugin.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

To make things easier I will update the plugin tonight to give you a list of com ports to choose from.
    I will not be able to update it until I am home later this afternoon
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      To make things easier I will update the plugin tonight to give you a list of com ports to choose from.
      I will not be able to update it until I am home later this afternoon
      Way to go. Thanks!

Comment

I will post here once I have put it in the HS3 updater
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          I will post here once I have put it in the HS3 updater
          Thanks! Just for point of clarification, can I control the Russound with the Alexa integration skill? I have it currently connected to my Omni Pro Panel but the HAI Omni plugin doesn't yet support voice control of Audio on the Omni. (Don't worry about the Russound being connected serially to two systems, I have an RS232 splitter which allows me to control the CAV6.6 by two independent systems.)

Comment

I have posted 2.0.123 to the HS3 updater

You can control it using Alexa but you will need to make use of Jon00's helper script
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Working...
            X