installing Russound plugin not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

installing Russound plugin not working.

I am currently testing the Russound Plug in and ran into an issue. I can not get the HS software to control my Russound system. I troubleshooted to the point of using the software program Docklight to send the HEX value of turning on a zone on my Russound system that HS could not. The HEX code that HS shows in the logs works by copying and pasting into Docklight but not if HS tries.

This leaves me to believe something is missing in HS to properly communicate with my Russound System.

I can't see in the logs where HS is using com4 to communicate. I have changed com port types and restarted the pc between setting changes to make sure the setting take effect.

this is the com port settings in device manger.
    Comport 4
    Bits per second =19200
    data bits =8
    parity=none
    stop bits=1
    flow control=none

BLrussound options in HS
    russound com port =com4
    comport control type =homeseer

Attached is the Russound debug log from strartup.

Using pc with windows 10 with 2gb memory
    Attached Files

On my system it takes several minutes before BLRussound opens a com port. Until that happens you will not be able to control the CAV from HS. I've included log entries from my most recent restart below. (Time runs from bottom to top.) Notice the time lag between the plug-in initializing and the com port opening. Do you see the com port open message in your log? (Your debug log appears to end just as the plug-in is trying to open the port.)
    Apr-03 4:58:10 AM BLRussound Info Russound Com Port - HomeSeer (COM11) Open

Apr-03 4:54:06 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in BLRussound
    Apr-03 4:54:06 AM BLRussound start BLRussound plugin has been initialized
    Apr-03 4:54:03 AM BLRussound start Controllers have been loaded.
    Apr-03 4:54:02 AM BLRussound start Loaded configuration successfully
    Apr-03 4:54:02 AM BLRussound start BLRussound version is: 2.0.124.0
    Apr-03 4:54:02 AM BLRussound start Initializing BLRussound...
    Apr-03 4:54:02 AM Info Plugin BLRussound has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49251
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I wonder why yours takes that long to open the port
      Mine takes about 5-10 seconds
      It is checking all devices to make sure they exist before opening the port but it should not take that long on your machine
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

It's not always that long. My example is an extreme case, and may be the result of some other factor. (The restart followed system crash - note the time is about 5 AM.) Still, it normally takes some time to open the port, much more than 10s of seconds. It hasn't been a problem and I've never bothered to try to understand why.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
        X