No status from CAM6.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No status from CAM6.6

I'm using the plugin to control a CAM6.6. Control from HomeSeer works fine, but I am not getting any status back from the device. If I change volume from a keypad, nothing changes in HomeSeer. Also, if I power off a zone from HomeSeer then power it back on, volume levels are reset to default and the volume values in HomeSeer show zero.

I'm running HS 3.0.0.396 under Linux and the latest version of the plugin. CAM6.6 is connected via serial port to a Digi PortServer TS 16.
    HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
    Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
    Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
    Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Yes it sounds like the plugin is not getting info back from the CAM
    I was just testing my 2 CAV66s the other day on my raspberry pi and they were working fine
    Do the following:

1. Shutdown HS3
    2. Edit the hspi_BLRussound.ini file and change debugLevel=true
    3. Save INI file
    4. Restart HS3

Once HS3 has been started for a few minutes then go to the options page in the plugin and disable debug logging

Attach the BLRussound-Detailed.log file zipped so I can see it
    It is in the HS3 root folder
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Debug log

Here's a debug log. Just to confirm, I connected to the CAM6.6 with a terminal emulator and it is sending information back to the PC on events.
      Attached Files
      Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
      Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
      Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

That is odd - I do not see any errors but it appears the plugin is not receiving from the com port. I see the com port being open and data is being sent but nothing is coming back

I see it using com port (/dev/ttyS35). Are you sure that is correct?
        I know on my raspberry pi my com port is /dev/sttyUSB0

I will need to hook up my Russound again to my test Pi and see if I can see anything
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Yes, /dev/ttyS35 is correct. I can control the Russound just fine, I just get no status back.

Comment

OK seems odd to not be receiving. I know my CAVs on my raspberry pi were changing in HS3 when I changed the keypad
            I will take a look but will be out tonight after I am home from work so cannot have a look until tomorrow night
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Reidfo,

Do you have a firewall? I had a firewall rule that allowed outbound packets but was blocking inbound packets. (I have windows 7 and Norton firewall),

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No firewall. I verified that the serial port is actually receiving input from the Russound in a terminal emulator.

Comment

Try out 2.0.140 and let me know
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                    Try out 2.0.140 and let me know
                    2.0.140 installed, but unfortunately still not receiving input from the Russound. I enabled logging of both sent and received messages. I only see sent messages in the log, and devices in HS don't update when controlling the unit from keypad.

Comment

Can you capture a new debug log like before and attach it zipped
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

New debug log attached.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yes it seems to be not receiving all data on the linux side of things
                          I am looking into it
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Thanks Blade!

Comment

There is definitely an issue with how the SerialPort object processes. It seems very unreliable. I rewrote the serialport processing for Linux and it seems better now but still not 100%
                              I will working on it more tonight.
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X