MCA88X Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MCA88X Network

Hi Rob, have you added network support yet for the Resound MCA88X? Or is there a possibility of running the Russound though my Omni plug in?
    Thanks,
    Vinnie

hey Blade. tried to PM you but locked so using this forum instead. i notice you've been working on the Russound PI. i've got a 16-zone MCA-88 system that works great but no HS3 connect which drives me nuts. Clearly others want it as well. Feels now that you're really close with V2.1.0 I'm happy to test and help if you want to try on more than 8-zones. Thanks, mike

Comment

MCA88X is a 8 source, 8 zone controller, correct?
      The believe the plugin supports 8 zones and 8 sources
      Does the plugin work with your controller and the max 8 zones in the plugin right now?
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

you're correct it's an 8x8 box, but it supports expansion up to 48 zones using multiple units. you need to daisy chain all the source inputs to each 8-zone box (a real PITA), so in practice i doubt too many would try >24 zones. i have 2 units for 16 zones and works well.

i didn't try your PI yet but i will. another PI worked when i told it I had a 6 zone controller and used serial I/O, but failed on higher number zones. using an enet connection would be preferred of course.
        lemme fire it up and i'll report back. -thanks

Comment

PS: might be next week before i can get after this.... gone this w/e but i'll attack it then.

Comment

No problem - I am slammed all weekend and likely next week with an upgrade at work
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

i did try a couple times today to create a Controller -- both times it crashed HS3. Maybe i've configured something wrong. Will play with it next week.

Comment

OK, i can now report at least basic success with 8 zones on my MCA88X. Adding the controller successfully builds devices for 8 zones with 8 sources. Power on/off, volume control, and source control all work. I didn't try the equalizer and other functions yet. I am running RNET on a Serial port -- the IP link didn't work, but i didn't work on it too hard. I'll keep running it now -- hope you get some free time to look at expanding the zones.... thanks in advance.

Comment

Just checking in. PI seems stable in degraded mode (8 zones) on my 88X. Some small issues -- like the source drop-box doesn't update when source gets changed from a keypad, etc... But it's useful for the zones it can cover. Would love to help test a 16-zone version if you get the energy to build it.

Comment

any chance this could become a winter weekend project ? i'm still here happy to help. :-)

Comment

I have not forgot about you
                      Do you have a feature request entered on my web site for this - that way I can track it. I lose posts in the forums and I am just back from vacation and I have lots to catch up on at work as well
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

ok thanks very much. i don't think i made a request on your web site but i'll do so.

Comment

Hi again, hate to be a pest but thought i'd just check in again. I do have cycles this month to test & help debug should you find the energy to attack this request...

Comment

WORKS! first, a BIG thank you to Blade for help to get things working for me. He's a good guy who wants to help and that's really important. I'll look to his PI's first in future.

second, for others who own the Russound MCA-88, I can report success running 16 zones with Blade's BLRussound plug-in. For clarity, so far i am only using the basics -- zone power, volume, source selection, party mode, and DND. But i now have an HSTouch page with 16 zones showing status & control. Nice!

i also implemented a simple page with all controls for a single zone, and in the process confirmed that the zone Mute and Loudness functions work fine.

no success yet with tone control -- balance, bass, treble, and no source control for the XStream players -- but the MyRussound app obviously works fine for that.
                            The HS3 zone controls allow integration into the house routine -- like turning off all zones thru an event.

summary: MCA-88 now good with HS3..... get the BLRussound PI.

Comment

Originally posted by monument View Post
                              WORKS! first, a BIG thank you to Blade for help to get things working for me. He's a good guy who wants to help and that's really important. I'll look to his PI's first in future.

second, for others who own the Russound MCA-88, I can report success running 16 zones with Blade's BLRussound plug-in. For clarity, so far i am only using the basics -- zone power, volume, source selection, party mode, and DND. But i now have an HSTouch page with 16 zones showing status & control. Nice!

i also implemented a simple page with all controls for a single zone, and in the process confirmed that the zone Mute and Loudness functions work fine.

no success yet with tone control -- balance, bass, treble, and no source control for the XStream players -- but the MyRussound app obviously works fine for that.
                              The HS3 zone controls allow integration into the house routine -- like turning off all zones thru an event.

summary: MCA-88 now good with HS3..... get the BLRussound PI.
                              Care to show us your HSTouch screens?
                              Originally posted by rprade
                              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Working...
                              X