No announcement yet.

BLRussound Error "Controller number -1 is not valid" when using with BLSpeech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLRussound Error "Controller number -1 is not valid" when using with BLSpeech

I am going through and trying to clean up my system a bit and address things that are not working correctly.

The problem is that the system does not always return the zones to the previous settings after speaking events occur.

I am using BLSpeech (2.0.76.0) with BLRussound (2.1.0.0). I currently have a single Russound CAV6.6
    On the Maintain controllers tab I show 1 controller with its number listed as 1

I get the following error in the log every time there is a speak event.

Mar-08 9:41:02 AM
    BLRussound Error
    GetZoneSource(): Controller number -1 is not valid.

BLRussound Error
    GetZoneVolume(): Controller number -1 is not valid.

BLRussound Error
    IsZoneOn(): Controller number -1 is not valid.

BLRussound Error
    GetZoneSource(): Controller number -1 is not valid.

BLRussound Error
    GetZoneVolume(): Controller number -1 is not valid.

BLRussound Error
    IsZoneOn(): Controller number -1 is not valid.

I have briefly looked and do not see a way to change the controller number easily.

I havemade this post in case it is an easy fix so it will be searchable in the future but if I need to contact Blade directly I can do that also.

Originally posted by Grundcm View Post

The problem is that the system does not always return the zones to the previous settings after speaking events occur.

This happens to me as well. Also from time to time it doesn't turn back off when it was originally in an off state. It happens so infrequently that it's next to impossible to get a debug log.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Can you capture a debug log of this in BLRussound
      Attach the debug log zipped
      It is in the HS3 root folder

I do not see that here when I speak something
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Do you also have network issues from your RS controller? Set to Static IP from DHCP? I had similar problems with my MCA88x

Comment

I am currently connected to the Russound with a USB to serial Converter.

Attached is the Zip File. I turned on debug logging for both Speech and Russound. I ran an event that sent a speak message and I did get the same error as above in my log.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Grundcm, Using RS232 in that case I am not sure. If you had one of the MCA series or X88, there are some work arounds. Serial to USB conversion, I'm not sure. Hopefully someone will chime in on this with a solution.

Comment

I thought the RS232 would be more reliable and honestly it worked ok for around a year.

It is consistent that I always get the Errors whenever a speak message is sent. It is just an annoyance that the zones sometimes get changed back but not turned off an other things like that.

Lately WAF not been high with the system so just trying to get it all fixed and running well again. Haven't heard anything from Blade, probably need to file a help ticket on the website.

Comment

Working...
              X