Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mute and Volume toggle?

Hello,
    Trying this plugin and I noticed there is no mute available, Am I just missing it?
    Also, is there a way to toggle zone power? I see zone power on and off but there should be a way to toggle it.

I will have to check on the mute and zone power toggle. I think there is a scripting call for the power toggle but I will check and let you know
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Curious to know if you use HS Touch with this plugin??
      Couldn't for the life of me figure out what was going on, then I noticed everything is named the same.
      I was trying to set some buttons to control zones and there was only one command listed for each "function" of the CAV6.6.
      I'm thinking "How the hell do I tell it which zone I'm choosing the source for???"
      That's when I noticed the same names and renamed all the Zone1 commands. Then there were two commands for each function.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Russound.PNG
Views:	197
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	1312558

All the renamed commands have the "Z1" after them. The others are still only showing a single command even though there are 6 zones total.
      Looking at my log shows "Duplicate Device Name Ignored: BLRussound Display" for every command.

I'm gonna go through and rename all of mine but you should really fix the plugin so it lists all commands for each zone.

As for the power toggle, it's available from HS Touch but it doesn't show in TenScriptAid so I'm not sure how I could access it outside of HS Touch?

Name:	toggle.PNG
Views:	173
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	1312559

Name:	capi.PNG
Views:	158
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1312560

Comment

Just to further illustrate what I mean about the commands, I renamed zone 6 commands and now there are 3 of each command.
        The one without the Z1 or Z6 is still being ignored.

Name:	Z6.PNG
Views:	180
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	1312562

Comment

Any update on this??
          My trial is running...

Comment

Sorry no - been busy with work
            I did check mine and I see no mute so I will need to see what that command is in the Russound API

Send an email to HST and ask them to extend your trial - there is no issue with that
            Please log a ticket on my web site for this and point to this thread - that way I can track it and will not loose it in the threads
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Are you going to address any of this or are you done with this plugin?
              If you're still maintaining this, the Zone Turn on volume is not being honored.
              If I set the turn on volume to 12, have the actual volume at 40, then turn the zone off, then back on the volume turns on at 40 but the display changes to 12.
              If I then hit increase or decrease it will change from the volume of 12.

Also, there is an actual "Turn On Volume", judging by how the display is changing it seems like your method will always turn it on to the last volume and then switch to the turn on volume. It should switch the volume before turning on. The way you have it there will be a short blast of audio at the last set volume.

Found this:
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...ume#post108651

Same trouble.

Comment

Yes I am still supporting the plugin
                Without help desk tickets on my web site I loose track of things in the forums

I will try to replicate this on my CAV66 here
                Can you log a help desk ticket on my web site for this so I can track it
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
                  Are you going to address any of this or are you done with this plugin?
                  If you're still maintaining this, the Zone Turn on volume is not being honored.
                  If I set the turn on volume to 12, have the actual volume at 40, then turn the zone off, then back on the volume turns on at 40 but the display changes to 12.
                  If I then hit increase or decrease it will change from the volume of 12.

Also, there is an actual "Turn On Volume", judging by how the display is changing it seems like your method will always turn it on to the last volume and then switch to the turn on volume. It should switch the volume before turning on. The way you have it there will be a short blast of audio at the last set volume.

Found this:
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/au...ume#post108651

Same trouble.
                  Any update on this?
                  Really annoying when I turn on a zone late at night and it is at full volume.

Comment

Yes I was able to reproduce this on my CAV66 - I will get this resolved ASAP
                    Things have been crazy here for me
                    Can I get you to log a ticket on my help desk for this.
                    I just checked and I do not see one so I lose these posts on the forums.
                    The ticket on my site reminds me
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

I also noticed that sometimes on startup, some zones don't have a source assigned to it which makes any control of it fail until I manually select a zone.
                      Seems like it may be related as there seems to be no "checking" of status at connection. So far it doesn't honor startup volume, selected source and the "heartbeat" for connection.

As for your help desk. Isn't this the support site for Homeseer plugins? Not sure why I would have to sign up for another site, which I really don't want to do, when this site should be enough.

Comment

I hear you and that is your call but users know that they use my help desk for issues or risk me losing track of the issue in the forums
                        I just have too many plugins to constantly search the forums
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

OK I just tried the turn on volume here and it appears to be working on my 2 CAV66 controllers

Can you tell me which controller you are using?
                          What version of the plugin are you using?
                          I am using 2.1.5 that is in the beta section
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

I'm using a cav66 also.
                            I'll try the beta and get back to you

Comment

What do u have the com port control type set to on the options page
                              mine is set to HomeSeer
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X