CAV66 on Global Cache GCC-12 Serial Port module 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAV66 on Global Cache GCC-12 Serial Port module 1

I am still struggling to get connectivity on this setup, CAV66 is connected to Serial port 1 of Global Cache 12 module. I can control it through other applications. What should the configuration be. GCC is at 192.168.1.71. Should that be the port on the options tab of the plugin? Something else with 192.168.1.71:xxxx ? Plug in is running on a ZSeer (HS3) Raspberry little box. Thanks!

Did you try the Beta?

Comment

The new beta should fix the GC issues
      Use the ip address of the GC plus port 4999 I think

192.168.1.71:4999
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks Blade - how do I get to the beta?

Comment

Originally posted by oserani View Post
          Thanks Blade - how do I get to the beta?
          Its in the Beta section of the updater.

Comment

I keep getting the load error when I install it... this is a raspberry box.... could that be a problem? Although the other versions didn't have a problem loading..

Comment

I keep getting the load error when I install it... this is a raspberry box.... could that be a problem? Although the other versions didn't have a problem loading..
              Hi Oserani,
              Did you ever get the IP to Serial adapter working? I have a different brand IP to Serial converter which works this way using the other guy's Russound plugin. I'd like to get it working with Blade's plugin so I can do away with the USB to Serial adapter.
              Thanks!

Comment

was only able to get it work on the windows box - not on the raspberry box...

Comment

was only able to get it work on the windows box - not on the raspberry box...
                  I gave up on the Itac. It was too expensive and didn't work. I bought this inexpensive server from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works and it's reliable. If you go that route let me know and I'll post the setup info for the device itself.

Comment

avpman I purchased the same device, but I can't get the plugin to work with it with my CAV6.6. Here's the setup on serial server.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1453878

In the BLRussound plugin, the COM port is blank and I've set the ip address to 10.255.250.11:8234. The protocol is RNET. I've tried all three com port control types and none work (SerialPort, Homeseer, MSCommLib). I've made sure I've restarted homeseer after each change. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mael View Post

avpman I purchased the same device, but I can't get the plugin to work with it with my CAV6.6. Here's the setup on serial server.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	141
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1453878

In the BLRussound plugin, the COM port is blank and I've set the ip address to 10.255.250.11:8234. The protocol is RNET. I've tried all three com port control types and none work (SerialPort, Homeseer, MSCommLib). I've made sure I've restarted homeseer after each change. Any help would be appreciated.
                      I can get you the settings from my device to try. I'm in the process of moving and I don't have it connected here yet. Give me until the weekend and I'll bring it over and capture a screenshot for you. It works great except for one little quirk. If the IP-Serial loses power then the BL plugin won't reconnect to the device automatically. Blade was working on some code to get it to reconnect but we could never get it to work. Not sure if he is putting something into the HS4 code. The workaround is to disable and enable the plugin to get it to reconnect. In the meantime, I'm calling this script ( Jon00 Homeseer Plugin Enable/Disable utility ) to do that once a day. Not ideal but it does work and with HS4 as well. You can get it here http://www.jon00.me.uk/index.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post

I can get you the settings from my device to try. I'm in the process of moving and I don't have it connected here yet. Give me until the weekend and I'll bring it over and capture a screenshot for you. It works great except for one little quirk. If the IP-Serial loses power then the BL plugin won't reconnect to the device automatically. Blade was working on some code to get it to reconnect but we could never get it to work. Not sure if he is putting something into the HS4 code. The workaround is to disable and enable the plugin to get it to reconnect. In the meantime, I'm calling this script ( Jon00 Homeseer Plugin Enable/Disable utility ) to do that once a day. Not ideal but it does work and with HS4 as well. You can get it here http://www.jon00.me.uk/index.shtml
                        Change the wok mode to TCP SERVER, not Client. I also have my baud rate set to 19200 but first try just changing the work mode. Below is my setup. Hope this helps. Let me know how you make out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	usr.JPG Views:	0 Size:	73.6 KB ID:	1454556

Comment

avpman - Thanks for this. I had started playing around with the TCP Server option, but I still can't get it to work. Can you also post a screenshot of the BLRussound - Options page?

Comment

Originally posted by Mael View Post
                            avpman - Thanks for this. I had started playing around with the TCP Server option, but I still can't get it to work. Can you also post a screenshot of the BLRussound - Options page?
                            Sure, snap below. You might want to check a couple of simple things for testing:
                            • Make sure you are using the serial port on the CAV that the switch on the front is set to. The front and rear serial ports do not work at the same time. That is, only one is active at a time based on the switch settings on the front panel.
                            • Use a straight-through serial male to female cable. Preferable not a homemade one.
                            • If one serial port (front or back) doesn't work, try the other one (set switch accordingly).
                            Hope this helps. Let me know how you make out.

Name:	blrussound.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1455051

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot. I guess I should have posted a bit more information about my setup. I've been running the BLRussound plugin for years now with a serial cable plugged into my VM host going straight into the rear RS-232 port on the CAV6.6. This has worked flawlessly. My server is virtualized the server and I've been using hardware passthrough to allow VM to access the serial port. My reason for moving to the ethernet solution is to eliminate the hardware passthrough so I can vmotion the VM to a different host. Here's how I have it cabled for the serial to ethernet adaptor.

Cabling

CAV6.6 Rear RS-232 ---straight through male/male RS-232 cable ---> USR Serial to Ethernet Adaptor ----CAT6---->48 Port Switch.

The homeseer VM can ping both the USR TCP Server IP and the control IP.

Serial Port Config

Name:	USR.PNG
Views:	161
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1455209

Expand Function

Name:	USR2.PNG
Views:	118
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1455210

Plugin Config

Name:	homeseer.PNG
Views:	130
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1455211

I've noticed my plugin config has the Com Port Control Type option and it missing in your screenshot. I'm not sure why this is. I'm using the most recent version of the plugin (2.1.18.0). I've tried all three Com Port Control Types and non are working. (I do restart homeseer after every plugin config change just to be sure) I wonder why your screenshot doesn't show the Com Port Control Type option. Are you using the most recent version?

Also I have not installed the USR Com Port driver on the PC since I didn't think it was needed. Did you install the USR Com Port Driver?

Unless we can spot a config issue, about the only thing left for me to try is replacing the serial cable.

Comment

Working...
                              X