Alexa control of volume/sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa control of volume/sources

I am using HS4. I added my Russound CAM 6.6 and I can control everything with the web interface. I enabled the Voice Command and I can turn the zones off/on with Alexa. How do I get it so I can control Volume and Source with Alexa?

It has been a while but for the sources I ended up writing some logic that will change the sources on the speakers that are currently on to the source I specify. I did not write one for each source for each set of speakers. If I want one to be different I generally use one of the tablets around the house or my phone.

I had to create a virtual device that is turned on by creating a routine in Alexia. This calls a routine for each set of speakers and if the speakers are on, the source is changed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 11.22.15 AM.png
Views:	155
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	1466511​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 11.21.24 AM.png
Views:	132
Size:	463.6 KB
ID:	1466512

I haven't done anything for the volume in Alexia as I was hoping Blade could just make it appear to Alexia as a light. He actually may have already done so, but my wife accidentally told Alexia to lower the lights and she dimmed them slightly. I didn't know this was possible but have been meaning to change the volume to Voice command and "is light" and try it.
    I realize the volume is a little weird as you can only choose even numbers as values, but was hoping it could just be made to appear as a 0-100% setting to Alexia for control.

Comment

Working...
    X