No announcement yet.

HS4 BLRussound Not the same as HS3 - Connectivity MY RUSSOUND APP MBA-PRE amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 BLRussound Not the same as HS3 - Connectivity MY RUSSOUND APP MBA-PRE amp

Am I missing something, have other users of this plugin had issues or functionality troubles??

It worked great with the HS3 version. After upgrading my entire system from HS3 to HS4, I had to repurchase this new HS4 BLRussound plugin, and it's been a headache ever since.

I couldn't connect in the same way as before. I tried setting my MCA-88x to RIO and then RIO in the plugin, nothing. Then to RNET in both, no connection. I tried over IP and with RS232 serial connection. Both Com Ports on my hometroller. Even went into devices in W10 and updated drivers on both com ports in windows.

Completed deleted the plugin and went into HS4 directory and deleted all subsequent BLRussound files. Reinstalled.

after each aforementioned action, I did disable/enable the plugin. Restarted my MCA-88x controller.

I was FINALLY able to connect to my system. But all I can control is volume, on/off on the controller root, treble/bass settings. (RIO protocol)

Issues I've notices are the status graphics. When the system is off is the GREY off icon. When turned on it shows the gear icon in black? Before It would be the status graphic of YELLOW on icon. From a glance at all devices, the BLACK gear icon doesn't really help know that zone is on. This isn't the way it was in the HS3 plugin. It had status graphics of YELLOW ON when that zone was on.

I also noticed that the plugin is not getting real time status changes. When I increase the volume in the MY RUSSOUND app, the plugin does not update the chagne in the plugin. I recall the HS3 version doing this. Vice versa, when I use the plugin in HS to increase the volume on a zone, the my Russound app repsonds with the change. So this only works one direction now?

Alexa. I had full Alexa voice control previously. I've disabled the two Russound skills and relinked the account. Deleted and rediscovered divces in Alexa. Still lost.

The common denominator appears to be this HS4 BLRussound plugin. HS3 worked great.

MBA-PRE Amp. Russound disabled the internal Sirius Tuner in the MCA series. so if you want that source back you have to use the MBA-Pre Amp. works great, much faster, and with UnP and other sources. However, How do you add this as separate source in this plugin where you retrieve your SiriusXM favorites and channels? I want to create scenes and routines accessing specific channels?

I would really appreciate any input from other users. I've been working on this for weeks!

Originally posted by MattMan View Post
    Am I missing something, have other users of this plugin had issues or functionality troubles??

It worked great with the HS3 version. After upgrading my entire system from HS3 to HS4, I had to repurchase this new HS4 BLRussound plugin, and it's been a headache ever since.

I couldn't connect in the same way as before. I tried setting my MCA-88x to RIO and then RIO in the plugin, nothing. Then to RNET in both, no connection. I tried over IP and with RS232 serial connection. Both Com Ports on my hometroller. Even went into devices in W10 and updated drivers on both com ports in windows.

Completed deleted the plugin and went into HS4 directory and deleted all subsequent BLRussound files. Reinstalled.

after each aforementioned action, I did disable/enable the plugin. Restarted my MCA-88x controller.

I was FINALLY able to connect to my system. But all I can control is volume, on/off on the controller root, treble/bass settings. (RIO protocol)

Issues I've notices are the status graphics. When the system is off is the GREY off icon. When turned on it shows the gear icon in black? Before It would be the status graphic of YELLOW on icon. From a glance at all devices, the BLACK gear icon doesn't really help know that zone is on. This isn't the way it was in the HS3 plugin. It had status graphics of YELLOW ON when that zone was on.

I also noticed that the plugin is not getting real time status changes. When I increase the volume in the MY RUSSOUND app, the plugin does not update the chagne in the plugin. I recall the HS3 version doing this. Vice versa, when I use the plugin in HS to increase the volume on a zone, the my Russound app repsonds with the change. So this only works one direction now?

Alexa. I had full Alexa voice control previously. I've disabled the two Russound skills and relinked the account. Deleted and rediscovered divces in Alexa. Still lost.

The common denominator appears to be this HS4 BLRussound plugin. HS3 worked great.

MBA-PRE Amp. Russound disabled the internal Sirius Tuner in the MCA series. so if you want that source back you have to use the MBA-Pre Amp. works great, much faster, and with UnP and other sources. However, How do you add this as separate source in this plugin where you retrieve your SiriusXM favorites and channels? I want to create scenes and routines accessing specific channels?

I would really appreciate any input from other users. I've been working on this for weeks!
    Hi,
    Did you ever get anywhere with this? Getting ready to set mine up.

Comment

I just decided to use the MyRussound app.

Comment

Originally posted by MattMan View Post
        I just decided to use the MyRussound app.
        That's what I did for now.

Comment

Working...
        X