BLRussound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLRussound

Please continue the discussion of this here.

Here is the old thread where the discussion started:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=141554
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

I will be doing some more testing tonight.
    I think I have most things working.
    I have even added the ability to assign a keypad button (eg: Play, Pause, Stop, etc) a HS event, script command or even a script file to run. By doing this you can press the keypad buttons in a zone for a source and have the button you press do something in HS. For example: My brother in law uses MusicLobby to control his music (as do I), and he wanted to be able to press Pause on a zone keypad that is running the MusicLobby source and have the plugin run a MusicLobby command to pause the music. He will now be able to do this.

I will be testing all of this tonight.
    Cheers,
    Bob

Comment

Testing went great

All features in the plugin right now seem to be working fine. We were able to use the play, pause, stop, next, previous, etc from the keypad and control the MusicLobby source. It was sweet.

I have only tested with a CAV6.6 Russound system and it seems to work great.
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Great to hear.. whats the next feature your going to implement?

-Tom-
        -Tom-

Comment

I have already added the MusicAPI for MediaPlayer and iTunes so that should work. I have not tested this because I do not run either of the plugins. It will still need to be tested by someone who is running the plugins.

Today I added the ability to send a keypad command from a plugin scripting call and the ability to send an IR command to the Russound from a scripting call.

I am in the process of documenting the help for the plugin.

What other features are needed? I cannot think of anything else.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Maybe you can added this into BlSpeech.

Thank You

Greg Mack

if you need a beta tester, send me a zip file.
            I

Comment

It could be used with BLSpeech very easily.
              You could just the before and after scripts in BLSpeech to call whatever BLRussound scripting calls you need. That is what I will be doing for my brother in law.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I need to get the .lf license file from Rich in order to package up the plugin for people to try out. Rich is on vacation until My 3rd so I will not be able to get a build out to anyone else after around then.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

What is the biggest difference from yourBLRussound Plugin and the Russound Plugin they sell here. I use the russound plugin , for a vb script to keep track of power and volume state and return back to original state after turning on/off the speaker.

Thank You

Greg Mack

Comment

Does it support multiple CAV's?

I use the Main Lobby CAV plugin - the biggest beef I have is the ability to control paging zones with the plugin - so I can turn on/off zones that get whole house pages. I have to program the keypads to do this and I really want to do things like DND announcements in a zone (I may be on a phone call in my office and I want to DND whole house pages)

There is an undocumented feature in the ML plugin I was planning to use to solve my beef - the CAV plugin supports 7 sources and if you pass source 7 to a zone, it uses the front panel A/V ports for that zone - so, I could keep my own database and have whole house announcements wired into source 7 - when I have to do a whole house page, switch all those zones that receive a page (managed in a database or virtual devices) to source 7, make the announcement, then switch back to the previous source - it gets a little complicated because you will need to decide on a zone by zone basis to turn on/off that zone and to get really fancy, need to adjust the volume.

I digress but I am thinking I can only pull this off with HS and not ML - because ML is not multi-threaded, I find ML can easily (often) gets bogged down and cannot instantly process requests - whole house pages need to be instant, a 1,2,3+ second delay would not be cool (announce a phone call, doorbell, etc.) -- I am starting to move other critical functions over to HS because I find I can achieve this level of serving while having ML call HS/HS scripts to do all the processing.

So, curious if you tested if source 7 is supported in this plugin?

Comment

I have not tried source 7. I was not even aware of it. I do not have a Russound and have to test at my brother in laws.
                      All commands are easy to use in the plugin and documented in the help.
                      You can add multiple controllers to the plugin. I have only tested with 1 controller but you just pass the controller number to the scripting calls so it should work fine.
                      Last edited by Blade; April 25, 2010, 02:42 PM.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                        What is the biggest difference from yourBLRussound Plugin and the Russound Plugin they sell here. I use the russound plugin , for a vb script to keep track of power and volume state and return back to original state after turning on/off the speaker.

Thank You

Greg Mack
                        There is a call in BLRussound named "SaveZone" that will store a specific zone for a controller. Then if you modify the zone, you can then go back to the saved zone object to determine the status of all of the zone properties before you changed it.
                        Make sense?
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

I have only tested the plugin with a CAV6.6 system.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

I have added a script call named "SetFrontAuxInput".
                            This will allow you to enable the front aux input for a controller and zone.
                            I think this should do what you were looking for with the source 7.
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Anyway this is setup with BLSpeech for zones... so if we specifiy in BLSpeech speak Zone 1 it will turn DND on for all the other zones... do the announcement and then restore DND for all the other zones.

When you use the page in on the CAV6.6 controller.. it pages on any zone that doesnt have DND on (do not distrub)
                              -Tom-

Comment

Working...
                              X