Tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweaks

I gave the new plug-in a try today and it seemed to work well during my brief test. Unfortunately, it puts a serious strain on my computer - almost quadrupling the CPU usage! Is there a way to reduce polling frequency or otherwise reduce the CPU load?

I also saw, but lost, an option to use source names from the controller. Is that a one-time chance or is there a way to import those that I'm not seeing? (Would be useful if a source name changes or a new source is added.)
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

I am confused on what you mean by you lost the option.
    When you add a controller you can enter the zone and source names.
    There is an option on the options web page that will force the plugin to override the source names on the keypad.

As for the CPU usage, I have never seen an issue with that. My brother in law has been running it for a while now and if he had seen that he would have mentioned it.

How do you know that it is BLRussound causing this?

Can anyone else confirm that BLRussound is causing this?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
      I am confused on what you mean by you lost the option.
      When you add a controller you can enter the zone and source names.
      I am probably the one who is confused. I thought I saw an option to import the source names rather than input them manually. I probably imagined it.

As for the CPU usage, I have never seen an issue with that. . . .How do you know that it is BLRussound causing this?
      When I first started HS with the new plug-in I was immediately surprised at the CPU usage. After experimenting a bit, I disabled the plug-in and restarted HS. The CPU load returned to my expected baseline. I then re-enabled the plug-in and the CPU usage jumped up again. Finally, I disabled the plug-in and restarted HS again, and CPU load is back where I am accustomed to seeing it.

I'm using a small box with an Atom processor, so I'm more conscious (and concerned) about CPU load than if I had a "real" computer as my HS server.

I've included a snapshot of Jon00's graphic. The two spikes are from when the BLRussound was enabled.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Uncle Michael; May 12, 2010, 03:48 PM. Reason: added comment
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Update - retraction?

Given the surprise to my question I've spent some more time looking at the effect of the plug-in on CPU usage today. So far I have not been able to replicate what I saw yesterday. I'm going to leave the plug-in active for some time and report back, but for now I think my earlier concern was mistaken. Sorry for the false report.

Comment

No problem.
          I did not see that at all on my brother in laws machine when testing it either.
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
          X