Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

I have the plug-in, but now that the weather is good, I am trying not to spend too much time inside, and changing from one plug-in to another is sort of all-or-nothing. So, I'm trying to plan how to proceed with minimal trial and error, and have some questions.

Is there a "GetSource" method? I don't see it in the help file.

Does the "RequestZoneInfo" method update the plug-in devices with current zone states? What else does it do? How else are the devices updated?

If zone state info is to be preserved and made available at a later time to restore a zone to a previous state, is there an advantage to using the "SaveZone" method over copying the info stored in the BLRussound devices to virtual devices?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

The SaveZone call is not working 100% so I would use the virtual devices for now.

There is a GetZoneSource call in the new build I have, which I have not released yet. Still testing

The RequestZoneInfo updates all devices for the zone and internally in the plugin.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. The GetZoneSource call will be very useful for me. One more question:

Does the plug-in use a call back function or poll the controller state periodically, or is the RequestZoneInfo method required to sync the HS devices with the controller?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

The RequestZoneInfo is called at the startup of the plugin to sync all of the zones for each controller (internally and devices)
        The plugin polls the com port for data.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
        X