First use, doesnt work that well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First use, doesnt work that well

Just installed the trial of this.. i use BLSpeech as well. i dont know which forum to post in. Probably a BLspeech issue, but here it goes

I set up a speech

{speaker=Basement}this is a test

I have the speak source set at 6 and volume set a 50.

When i do that speak command..

homeseer switched my amp to source 6... does the speech.. then turns the zone upto 50 after its done talking... turns it back down.. and then returns to the previous zone.

So the volume is too low when it does speech... ive messed around with settings includes delays and stuff.. but i cant get any results...

Also i noticed after homeseer is done talking it seems to take a full minute before its switched back to the previous zone.

I did have russound hooked up through an edgeport.. which made it even worse then i described.. but now i have it hooked directly to a serial port... Im using a PRO100

Any help?

-Tom-
    -Tom-

I noticed a similar problem with my system. I assumed it was because I'm using a low power computer running an Atom N270 and the plug-in creates more overhead than the computer can handle during source switching. (Very few other users have reported the problem.) What do you have HS running on?

My solution was to use direct HEX commands to switch sources in those cases where timing was a problem. (That was fairly easy for me because I was using my own scripts before I installed BLRussound.)

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=144777
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Im assuming the same in my case.. i have a PRO100 series 1 computer..

its only 1GHz and 512 mb ram... i want to upgrade. but didnt want to upgrade if it wouldnt solve the issue... i have seen your scripts but the blspeech method would be nicer if it worked correctly... ill have to try the scripts out if blade dont know anything else i can try

Thanks

-Tom-
      -Tom-

Comment

Your script doesnt seem to do anything with volumes or am i missing something?

-Tom-
        -Tom-

Comment

No, you didn't miss it. I didn't have a need for controlling volume in the script so never implemented it. The good news is that when you request the state of a zone the return message has the on/off state, source selected, and volume in sequence, so it wouldn't be difficult to add the volume to the scripts.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I wrote up some scripts that work perfectly with volume. Thanks for the idea. the receiver response instantly

I also noticed blades plugin runs a little faster when you increase the baud rate to 19200. Everywhere online shows that is the recommend rate.

However the plugin is still slow. I wondering if its blades plugin or homeseer? if blade is using the homeseer comport call. i know they did some revision to it in recent versions this year...

how does this plugin work for you. it seems to queue up commands and take forever... even when i adjust the volume on the zone through the keypad from lets say 40 down to 20... i can watch the volume device in homeseer... it says 40... seconds later... 38.... seconds later.... 36.... seconds later.... 34.... etc... It will get to 20 sometime but minutes later.

Any ideas anyone?

-Tom-
            -Tom-

Comment

You must set your baud rate = 38400

In Windows Device Manager you can set the ports baud rate to 38400
              Last edited by twa8000; October 26, 2011, 11:36 AM.
              -Tom-

Comment

That's interesting. I've reset the baud rate on my port, but won't have a chance to do much testing for a while. At least I can see if anything 'bad' happens.

What led you to that baud rate setting?

Comment

Originally posted by twa8000 View Post
                  Works Great now, i found the issue!

you must set your baud rate = 38400

In Windows Device Manager you can set the ports baud rate to 38400

Everything works great now!
                  You may want to change your title of this thread now that you have this working.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I spoke too soon!... the sending is fast now with blades plugin... the receive is not, its only half fixed.

When you update the firmware of your cav6.6 it says recommend baud rate 38400

-Tom-
                    -Tom-

Comment

So far my testing looks good. Good find.

What is it you want to receive that is coming through too slow?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                        So far my testing looks good. Good find.

What is it you want to receive that is coming through too slow?
                        updates from the keypads... if i adjust the volume on a keypad.. from lets say 30 down to 10.. it takes like 2 minutes to reflect in homeseer. it slowly gets there

Can you test to see what yours does? adjust your volume by like 20 and see if its reflected right away in homeseer or if it takes awhile

-Tom-
                        -Tom-

Comment

I just talked to my brother in law and he said he has no issues with it being slow. He is going to do some testing and let me know. I also asked him to update HS to the latest and try it and see if that makes it worse.
                          The plugin has not changed for quite some time.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob
                          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by twa8000 View Post
                            updates from the keypads... if i adjust the volume on a keypad.. from lets say 30 down to 10.. it takes like 2 minutes to reflect in homeseer. it slowly gets there

Can you test to see what yours does? adjust your volume by like 20 and see if its reflected right away in homeseer or if it takes awhile
                            Tom,
                            I just tested it. I monitored the plug-in created volume device for one of my zones. I was surprised that it did not register the full volume change immediately, but then realized that it was probably detecting each button push, so had to register each one in sequence.

It took about 30 seconds to register a change from 38 to 18, then another 30 seconds to register the reverse back to 38. The greater the volume change, it seems, the longer it takes.

It might be more efficient to have an algorithm that avoids reporting every button press during a volume adjustment, but it seems to register fast enough that it wouldn't cause any problems for my application.

Comment

My brother in law ran some tests last night and he said that whatever he did in the plugin was very fast and updated the status page. The status page in the plugin does not update automatically so you need to refresh it.

He is using an older HS version and not the latest. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Can you roll back the HS version and see if it still does it? This would be a good test since the plugin has not changed.
                              Cheers,
                              Bob
                              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
                              X