No announcement yet.

MCA-C5 Supported - Now works!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade, I curenltly have the plug-in installed and connected to the MCA-C5. I've only tested zone power on/off which seems to be working. I haven't messed with scripting volume controls etc yet (learning curve for me). Question, can the plugin be updated to support the zone 7 and 8 of the MCA-C5?

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
      Blade, I curenltly have the plug-in installed and connected to the MCA-C5. I've only tested zone power on/off which seems to be working. I haven't messed with scripting volume controls etc yet (learning curve for me). Question, can the plugin be updated to support the zone 7 and 8 of the MCA-C5?
      That is good news.
      The other options should work if those work but test them out.

Please add a feature request for zone 7 and 8 on my web site for this.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Feature request added!

Comment

Have you been able to test the other functionality?

I currently have the Speakercraft system (mzc-66)and I can control everything with my iphone. It would be excellent if there was a plugin for that to integrate with Homeseer but there is not.

Per the russound web site, only the MCA-C3 and MCA-C5 series of multiroom audio controllers. If they do not work seamlessly with homeseer, then I am hesitant to upgrade particularly with the cost.

Comment

Yes, based on Blades scripting methods, I've been able to power on/off all 8 zones, switch sources and control volume. One thing I'll point out however, is that zone 7 & 8 are pro out and for some reason, I cannot control the volume of those two zone. I am using a R850MC amp which could be the difference. One other thing, the status page doesn't seem to reflect the actual status of the controller. Example below, the 'Turn on Volume' (below) is not 494. Also, if the unit is controlled via the Russound iPad app, or a keypad, the status screen is a bit off as well. Other than that, it seems to be working for basic functionality. I do wish we had controls for the volume, bass, treble etc on the device management page though. I've put the the request, so it shouldn't be long.
            Attached Files

Comment

Update!!!!

With the countless hours working with Blade, I can now confirm that the Russound MCA-C5 (And C3) is now fully supported! I'm able to control all aspects of ALL zones via the HomeSeer status page and via scripts including controlling the volume, bass and treble. Again, thanks Blade for awesome work you do with HomeSeer.

-Devon

Comment

With the countless hours working with Blade, I can now confirm that the Russound MCA-C5 (And C3) is now fully supported! I'm able to control all aspects of ALL zones via the HomeSeer status page and via scripts including controlling the volume, bass and treble. Again, thanks Blade for awesome work you do with HomeSeer.
                This is great news!! I currently have three 8 conductor wires running from the MCA location to the server location. Anyone have advice on where to find a good DB9/serial wiring guide and where to purchase the connectors? I'm ready to hook up the MCA now that this plugin is compatible.

Thanks,
                CJ

Comment

Originally posted by cjr18 View Post
                  This is great news!! I currently have three 8 conductor wires running from the MCA location to the server location. Anyone have advice on where to find a good DB9/serial wiring guide and where to purchase the connectors? I'm ready to hook up the MCA now that this plugin is compatible.

Thanks,
                  CJ
                  This is taken from the latest Russound ThridPartyDevToolkit on the RNET protocol. This applies to all their controllers using RS-232 communication.

Code:
                  3.1 COM Settings
                  The following settings must be made to the RS-232 serial COM port used to interface with the
                  Controllers:
                  • 19200 baud rate
                  • 1 Start bit
                  • 1 Stop bit
                  • No flow control
                  • No parity

3.2 Connector Type / Pin-out
                  Connector: Female DB-9
                  • Pin 1: NC
                  • Pin 2: Transmit
                  • Pin 3: Receive
                  • Pin 4: NC
                  • Pin 5: Ground
                  • Pin 6: NC
                  • Pin 7: NC
                  • Pin 8: NC
                  • Pin 9: NC

Comment

Finally made the necessary RS-232 connection. Thanks for the info.

Since installing the plugin, running HS3 as a "user" now prompts a UAC for registry change "MSCommControl.reg". Clicking "Yes" allows the startup to complete and everything works well. Interestingly, when I instead choose to run HS3 as "administrator" the reg UAC does not appear, but the "com1 is open" message does not appear in the startup log and (obviously) the commands do not work.

Thanks for your help; I'm happy to help with any MCA-C5 testing required.
                    CJ

HS3PRO 3.0.0.152; BLRussound 2.0.50.0; MCA-C5 (latest firmware)
                    Last edited by cjr18; February 13, 2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cjr18 View Post
                      Finally made the necessary RS-232 connection. Thanks for the info.

Since installing the plugin, running HS3 as a "user" now prompts a UAC for registry change "MSCommControl.reg". Clicking "Yes" allows the startup to complete and everything works well. Interestingly, when I instead choose to run HS3 as "administrator" the reg UAC does not appear, but the "com1 is open" message does not appear in the startup log and (obviously) the commands do not work.

Thanks for your help; I'm happy to help with any MCA-C5 testing required.
                      CJ

HS3PRO 3.0.0.152; BLRussound 2.0.50.0; MCA-C5 (latest firmware)
                      I'm noticing the same thing on the Status page of the Russound. Whenever I need to see it in real time, I just click the Status button again. Not seeing that issue about UAC as I disable it on my Windows 7/2008 boxes.

Comment

I'm noticing the same thing on the Status page of the Russound. Whenever I need to see it in real time, I just click the Status button again. Not seeing that issue about UAC as I disable it on my Windows 7/2008 boxes.
                        My status issues were due to a faulty cable, so that is fixed thankfully. I am curious though which fields on the status page are officially compatible with MCA-C5. For instance, most of the values are correct, however there is one zone where the "base" and "treble" values are way off. Yet, the other zones do not even list the values in the columns. This is not a huge issue since my main use of the plugin is for sending commands, but it would be nice to have it accurate.

Also, I've thought of disabling UAC, however I would prefer to keep it on as an extra layer of security.

Comment

Not working for me

I had demo'd the plugin a while back and i think everything was working properly. I just purchased the plugin, and now nothing seems to be working. All the zones are populated with the correct names, so there must be some sort of communication happening, but my MCA-C3 and its controllers don't respond to any commands from Homeseer. I do have the Com Port Control Type set to "Homeseer". I don't have anything int he "Russound com port" field though - is this necessary if it's all working over IP?

Comment

You need to put into the com port you are using. It does not communicate with TCP, only RS232
                            Cheers,
                            Bob
                            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
                            X