Is the CAM6.6 supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the CAM6.6 supported

I Just started adding a russound CAM6.6 for my zoned audio and was hoping to use this plugin for control is it supported it is connected with a serial interface but cant seem to get any thing to work from the plugin???

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Are you sure you have properly configured the plugin? I think all you need to do is enter the proper port #. Could you be a little more specific about what issues you're experiencing? The CAM 6.6 should work as it uses the same RNET protocol as the CAV and the CAA which many of us here are using.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Im attempting to get this setup and i think it is something with the cam6.6 because i attempted to connect using the russound power tools app and it gives me an error that the device is not open. Any ideas on what could be causing this
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I have no idea. You may need a firmware update. I really don't know. Is it used? Russound doesn't provide support on used gear. If it's used I'd bring it up on AVS forum. Lots of Russound users there with lots of experience and knowledge.

What happens when you try to connect with the plugin?

I wish you luck! Russound is great. The difference between wired and wireless distributed audio is like apples and oranges.

Comment

Does your unit have both front and rear serial ports?

See here:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/36-hom...-settings.html

What troubleshooting have you done?

Comment

Only one com port on unit. I have tried differnt ports and attempted to connect with power tools. I can see rx transmission being sent but not received over the port but unit doesnt respond to any of the going to look at port settings other than that not sure where to start

Comment

Well, is it used or new? On this, all depends.

If it's new (is that possible?) get in touch with Russound.

If not I think your best bet is the AVS forum. Is this an eBay score?

Gotta be careful as Russound only deals with dealers.

Comment

Its a ebay score. Love the system so far just wish i could get it connected to hs

Comment

Have you done any troubleshooting? If so....... What?

Comment

Not sure where to start troubleshooting not a computer guy

Comment

Well, since this forum doesn't have too many Russound users I think here isn't the place to start. As I said, try the AVS Forum. Also Google is always a good place to ask questions. I'm not a computer guy either. So I'm with you there.

But. What have you done?........

Asking Google for "russound "device is not open"" and "CAM 6.6 "device is not open"" only leads back to this thread here on this forum.

In windows, what is the COM port for your Russound device? Have you entered this in the plugin config?

Comment

I have entered the port in the plugin and i have no control. Ive also tried to enter the port number in russound power tools and that tells me that the device is not open wondering if the firmware switch on the back would have anything to do with it but i think thats only for firmware updates also i am running the latest firmware

Comment

Well I got it up and running finally. It was on my end with serial port communications. I think its time to look into a better solution for serial communications in my setup. My PC doesn't have any serial ports so I have installed a few quatech serial over IP servers that I thought were a good deal on EBay but is seems that I am having alot of issues with these it looks like in the attempt to get the russound to connect to one of the ports on them I lost connection to my ztroller that is also connected to that server. If anyone has a good solution for multiple serial ports I'm all ears. But all in all the russound with Blades plug in works great

Comment

I'm having problem with my CAM6.6 to connect with BLrussound plugin in. Im using usb to serial connection.The brand i'm using is keyspan 19hs.

ON the Blrussound plugin under option " Com Port Control Type" Should i specify serial port and the comm port number on the device manager ?

Comment

I don't really know for sure, but I have MSComLib set for com port control type and it's working fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X