Status when zone OFF ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status when zone OFF ?

I'm using OpenRemote to control my CAV66 currently; but I'm trying to move everything over (back) to HS. There's a couple of things it does that make sense that this plugin doesn't do.

When a zone is OFF, adjusting the volume turns it on and the indicator reflects it. This works with BLRussound.

When I power OFF a zone, it sets the current volume status to 0 (and status / level / sliders reflect it).

When a zone is OFF, the zone status will not change.

Are these "fixable" with a script, perhaps? or a plugin change? I'd love to see the zone source change to "OFF" and 0.

I've noticed something similar. The status does not always reflect the real time status of the Russound controller. To test this, I would unplug the serial connection to the controller, change the volume or power status of a zone and it still shows the adjusted status on the status page.

Comment

I use an action in HS Touch to set the zone volume when the zone power is turned off and also set the tune on volume. This way, the zone volume is correct when off and the zone turns on to the set volume. Once the power is on, the zone volume tracks with the keypad.

DSteiNeuro
      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

I use two screens in HS Touch along with BLRussound
        Attached Files
        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Second Russound Screen
          Attached Files
          DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

@DSteiNeuro, I think you're seeing the same thing I'm seeing, which is that HS stays accurate, but the plugin doesn't seem to actively poll the Russound.

Multiple cases:
            1- HS Touch doesn't seem to "see" what the current state is immediately
            2- If I power OFF a zone, HS still thinks it's adjusting the volume and source (and everything else).
            3- If I power the device off completely or control it from another device, HS still acts like it's there versus reporting a change in status.

IOW, it doesn't seem the plugin has any "polling" nor do I see anyway to tell it to poll for states. Versus I get accurate states when using the OpenRemote setup I've got - must be polling in some way.

Does this sound accurate / consistent with what you see? Doesn't it seem fixable without needing to force HS?

Comment

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
              @DSteiNeuro, I think you're seeing the same thing I'm seeing, which is that HS stays accurate, but the plugin doesn't seem to actively poll the Russound.
              Gregoryx, I don't think that I am having the same issue. I find that Russound tracks almost instantly on HS Touch.

I tried a couple of things to see if I could reproduce:

a) I issued commands from the Russound Keypad
              Power (On/Off), Volume, Source all updated almost immediately on HS Touch

b) I Issued commands on HS Touch
              Power (On/Off), Volume, Source all responded immediately on Russound and updated the local keypad and my other HS Touch clients.

I am using Russound CAA66 with 5 KP6 and 1 KPL keypads.
              http://www.russound.com/intermediate...e_overview.php
              http://www.russound.com/intermediate...e_overview.php

Russound with BLRussound in one of my most stable plugins.
              Along with BLSpeech and Squeezebox, awesome multizone music system.

Just in case:
              I think that Russound can only be connected to one serial port at a time.
              I think that you should be using the MSCommLib Com Port Control.

DSteiNeuro
              DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Originally posted by DSteiNeuro View Post
                I use an action in HS Touch to set the zone volume when the zone power is turned off and also set the tune on volume. This way, the zone volume is correct when off and the zone turns on to the set volume. Once the power is on, the zone volume tracks with the keypad.

DSteiNeuro
                Could you please explain this in a little more detail? The main reason I haven't taken the time to make HSTouch projects is that BLRussound doesn't have volume sliders. Your screens are very nice!

To the OP.
                My HS3 instance seems to track my Russound system immediately. Sorry for the negative result, but it is a result none the less.
                Originally posted by rprade
                There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                  Could you please explain this in a little more detail? The main reason I haven't taken the time to make HSTouch projects is that BLRussound doesn't have volume sliders. Your screens are very nice!
                  Sure, the screens are actually pretty simple.
                  On the slider screen the first button toggles the resptive zone on/off. I have associatted actions when the button is released to:

i) Set the source to source 1 (Squeezebox, my main listening source);
                  ii) Set the zone volume to 40
                  iii) Toggle the zone on/off
                  iv) Set the turn volume to 40

I can't remember why I did it in this order, it may be just housekeeping to keep the display tidy. I have one outside zone that I want to be sure always turns on at zero volume.

The slider is a general HS Touch slider with status tracker to the respective BLRussound zone volume.

The number is a text field with status tracking to the respective BLRussound volume status text.

The final text is the BLRussound source linked to status text.

The slider on the bottom is for the Squeezebox master volume and mute/unmute buttons.

The 2nd screen is just each zone with buttons for each of the six sources.

Each source button:
                  i) Turns the zone on (button release, control a HS Device, Device BLRussound Zone, On)
                  ii) Sets the respective zone (button release, control a HS Device, Device BLRussound Zone, Zone number)
                  iii) Selects the button for the given source and deselects the other buttons in the zone
                  (This highlights the selected source but only works if the source is selected on the HS Touch screen- I could probably program HS3 events to do this but haven't bothered).

The BLRussound source linked to status text is at the top of each source column.

I had originally planned to use a list box to select each source but had problems getting it to work and now like this better.

You could add buttons or sliders for any of the other BLRussound functions (e.g. zone balance) but I keep these static and don't need to change.

Works great! Let me know if you have any other questions.

DSteiNeuro
                  DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Here is another screen that I like.
                    The buttons are linked to Squeezebox playlists linked to Internet radio, Pardora or Spotify.
                    The Dylan is a Spotify Album and the Cumbia a Pandora Station. I could add any other playlist.

When you click Squeezebox switches to the given station. You can add as many as you want.
                    Attached Files
                    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

This is fantastic! I'm going to start tinkering with HSTouch this afternoon. Maybe I'll start a thread about HSTouch, BLRussound and music integration in the HSTouch forum.

Sorry to go so far off topic.
                      Originally posted by rprade
                      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Great idea. I will jump in, I really like my system using Sqeezebox and BLRussound. My main HS Touch Screen is a bit cluttered but puts all of my key actions on on screen.
                        When you click on the Album cover, it switches to full view.
                        Attached Files
                        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

@DSteiNeuro, I think you've answered my question when you say that it tracks if you use the Russound keypads instead of HS or HSTouch. I'm just not seeing it track as well as I'd expect if it's controlled by something /other/ than HSTouch / HS. But if it's working for you, maybe it's something in my serial setup. I'll keep tinkering.

@S-F, the tracking when adjusted externally is the only thing that I've had issues with so far. As DSteiNeuro has shown, sliders and status and all seem to work fine so far.

What I cannot get to work (but would like to) is a pull-down for which zone to control. @DSteiNeuro, you say you were unable to get that to work. But is it possible? Can you point me in the right direction?

I'm building for a phone interface (first) and I'm trying to find the way with the least repetition. It seems like being able to "choose a room" or something like that would be ideal - and then even to have that choice apply to lights as well as AV.

BTW, thanks for the inspiration on the Squeeze interface. I started with my Pandora setup but Squeeze is next on the list.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X