Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't control volume through events. Anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't control volume through events. Anyone else?

When creating events I can select the volume device for a zone and set it from 0 - 100 and also Increase or Decrease. When I run the event nothing happens. Am I the only one?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

I'm just going to go ahead and BUMP this.

Is anyone else using a Russound system and this plugin seeing the issues I describe? If not I'll report it on Blade's site this evening. It is 100% repeatable for me.

Comment

When you log a ticket for this please include a debug log that captures the issue and explain exactly what you did. I fly blind a little when debugging the Russound plugin but next year I will have one of my own to test with so it will get much better
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

This should be working. Can you control other Russound Functions, e.g. source, power, balance?

Send more details and I can try to help.
        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Oh man! So when I posted this the command to set the volume to 1 resulted in the zone coming on at the turn on volume. Now some days have passed and now they get set to 0 instead....

In all of the screenshots the volume comes on at 0%. I tried a different zone and the action to set the volume worked. So there must be something wonky on my end. There is a difference between the zone in question and the zone that succeeded in that the malfunctioning zone has been renamed. I can't think of anything else though. Originally the event in the screenshot entitled "set to 32" (The big one. The one that brought these issues to light for me) would turn the zone on to 32, which is the turn on volume. Now that's 0 also.
          Attached Files

Comment

Which russound do you have? I have the CAM6.6 and have events that set the volume depending on the time of day, and its always worked for me.

The only issue I have with this plugin is it can't keep track of the status of the system properly if things are done at the russound keypad, vs thru homeseer. Source selection and on/off are the big ones affected.

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
              Which russound do you have? I have the CAM6.6 and have events that set the volume depending on the time of day, and its always worked for me.

The only issue I have with this plugin is it can't keep track of the status of the system properly if things are done at the russound keypad, vs thru homeseer. Source selection and on/off are the big ones affected.

I have a CAA66 and I don't see the issues you talk of, though I haven't looked.... For the most part HS3 turns my zones on and off.

Comment

I decided to control the volume using an immediate script command. I stumbled upon the awesome tenscript aid tool and it gave me this script to set the volume:

Code:
                Dim cc as HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControl = hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(hs.GetDeviceRefByName("First Floor Boys Room Boys Room Music Volume"), True, "(value)", False, False)
                cc.ControlValue = 4
                Dim cr as HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControlResponse = hs.CAPIControlHandler(cc)
                but when I run it I get this error in the log:

Code:
                [COLOR=#FF0000]Running script(2) &Dim cc as  HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControl =  hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(hs.GetDeviceRefByName("First Floor Boys Room  Boys Room Music Volume"), True, "(value)", False, False) cc.ControlValue  = 4 Dim cr as HomeSeerAPI.CAPI.CAPIControlResponse =  hs.CAPIControlHandler(cc), init error: Syntax error [/COLOR]
                Any ideas? Is this an issue with tenscript aid?

EDIT:

When using the example script from the documentation I get this error:

Code:
                Running script(2) &hs.PluginFunction("BLRussound", "", "SetZoneVolume", {1,5,10}), init error: Invalid character

Comment

Working...
                X