Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source 5 and 6 don't work? Whaaa??? - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tested v64 and it seems to resolve almost all issues. The only thing I noticed is that on a restart of the plug-in it does not sync with the actual settings on the controller. Otherwise, response is quick and CPU usage is low.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

I am assuming this new one (from version 52 that i have now) still has the issue that I need to rebuild all my events and HSTouch screens because the devices change?

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
        I am assuming this new one (from version 52 that i have now) still has the issue that I need to rebuild all my events and HSTouch screens because the devices change?

Did you see my comment about this previously? All you need to do is add an entry in your HSPI-BLRussound.ini and you won't have all of your devices deleted.

For the record the new version seems to be the most solid yet. I'm fairly happy with it. Though there are still a few instances where TTS is cut short or isn't spoken at all because the zone shuts off to quickly.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          Did you see my comment about this previously? All you need to do is add an entry in your HSPI-BLRussound.ini and you won't have all of your devices deleted.

For the record the new version seems to be the most solid yet. I'm fairly happy with it. Though there are still a few instances where TTS is cut short or isn't spoken at all because the zone shuts off to quickly.

I missed it but thank you!! I will upgrade hopefully tonight and report back as well. I don't use speech yet just the russound plugin.

Comment

I missed it but thank you!! I will upgrade hopefully tonight and report back as well. I don't use speech yet just the russound plugin.

Just make sure you update the .ini BEFORE you install the update.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

SOLVED. (Problem being that I'm a lazy idiot.)

Problem solved on the source issue. It was the CAV6.6's configuration.

I'm embarrassed. I'd been using the amp with only four sources for so long that it never occurred to me that there might be something in the config causing this issue.

I have no keypads, so I had never used Russound's PC Power Tool software to configure anything. Just never needed to. But once I loaded it and waited for it to grab the config off the unit, it became real obvious that the amp was only set up for four sources. Duh. Set it up for six, power cycled the unit and everything works.

Blade, you're a gem for being so patient with me on this.

On the down side, I dumped my config in the process. On the up side, all's working and I simply need to rebuild my user interfaces. Could be worse.

For some reason, the HS plugin now thinks I have eight zones and the new "root" model thing seems disconnected / un-associated. I'll open another thread on how to dump all the old devices and reinstall the plugin so it can rebuild them correctly.

THANK YOU ALL.

Comment

I am not a big fan of the power tools software. I think my nephew who is 10 could've coded something better. But it does get the job done. I would recommend maybe buying one of the st2 keypads used on eBay for when you do have to program things in the future. A lot easier to deal with.

Comment

I am not a big fan of the power tools software. I think my nephew who is 10 could've coded something better. But it does get the job done. I would recommend maybe buying one of the st2 keypads used on eBay for when you do have to program things in the future. A lot easier to deal with.
                  Probably a fair critique of the clearly aged software. I was pretty grateful it was so easy to use. I was just going to the Russound site to see what I could do through telnet or pushing hex into the serial port. Compared to that, it was a dream! LOL.

Comment

Working...
                  X