Latest update chewing up CPU - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest update chewing up CPU - Solved!

Hm. Updated to the latest BLRussound and now my CPU is spending all it's time between HSPI_BLRussound and HS3 - both in the 20-40% range. Anyone else seeing that? Any way to roll back?

Ugh. Nightmare. New version did something to kill all the devices as they show up in HS Touch. Looks like I'll have to re-assign every single device in every HS Touch screen. Yuck.

And I tested: rolled back to the previous version and the CPU went down. Things worked as expected (only from the web interface, of course). Re-upgraded to the latest and everything got slow again. The CPU usage for the plugin doesn't /stay/ high, but it goes up when a command is sent. Both go up quite a bit. And there's a delay that isn't there with the old version.

Rolling back. And since I'm pretty sure I killed any change of getting the devices back (with rolling forward and back), I'll rebuild all my HS Touch stuff. And finally actually implement BLBackup, which I purchased and (just realized) never setup yet. Ugh.

Comment

Aw, crap... over-wrote the old version. Anyone got the old file I can grab to get back to running condition? 2.0.57.0 is bad. 2.0.52.0 works.

Comment

Trying to tinker with things... I can confirm that if I disable the plugin, HS CPU usage drops back to the typical 3-8%.

Also, it appears that installing the update changed the "Room" and "Floor" of my devices - and must have changed the device-ids as well, since they don't line up right anymore.

Adding more detail (not sure what's from the new plugin versus old): on loading the plugin, the CPU doesn't initially go up. Send a "zone on" command (shouldn't have to since the zone is on - but the plugin doesn't reflect that) and CPU stays low.

Set the zone to the correct / current zone and it reflects it and stays low CPU.

Set to another zone and no zone change occurs. CPU goes up but seems to come back down.

CPU usage now seems more reasonable. Maybe needed to unload / reload after a full system start? But everything is dumped from HS Touch. Ouch.

Comment

I updated a couple days ago and noticed all my reference to devices in events disappeared. Had to revert back to a backup I had from the day before. Never did check the cpu usage but seeing the device reference disappear was enough to scare me away from the update. Also I am not sure what the new version does anyways.

Comment

Guys, this is what's happening:

The first update deletes and Russound devices that you have renamed and creates new ones following the BLRussoundd naming convention. It seems to delete a setting in the .ini that prevents this from happening. The setting is instanceConvertDone=true. Because all of the renamed devices are gone links to HSTouch and all events using these devices are hosed. You can safely update if you add the setting to your .ini. I can't imagine why you'd want to though since it makes announcements slow as molasses and, as has been noted, slaughters the CPU. The solution is to roll back to a previous backup from before the update and then DON'T install the new versions. I sent a report on this to Blade but didn't include a debug log because I have been restoring backups so frequently the past few days that I'm tired of the process. Could one of you please get a debug log to Blade?

The last safe version appears to be .52.

The purpose of the newer versions was to fix a bug where setting the volume through an event failed.
            Originally posted by rprade
            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

The ability to have multiple instances of the plugin was added as well.
              The user who asked for this reported to me that his is working great.
              I will need to email him and ask him how it is running.

I need a debug log in order to determine what is causing this.
              Cheers,
              Bob
              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

My cpu usage is super low (less than 1%) and everything seems to work with my cas44's other than i did notice my devices changed zones on their own.
                HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Is there an idea when this will be resolved for the event and HSTouch links so that we can upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                    Is there an idea when this will be resolved for the event and HSTouch links so that we can upgrade?

Blade needs a debug log. If nobody else can get him one today I'll do it this evening.

Comment

Thanks, what happened when I installed the latest has scared me away from doing it again to get a debug log . Granted I have backups, I just don't like testing them. Plus I have no real reason to upgrade really other than to remain current.

Comment

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
                        Aw, crap... over-wrote the old version. Anyone got the old file I can grab to get back to running condition? 2.0.57.0 is bad. 2.0.52.0 works.
                        Look in the 'Updates3' sub folder. Every version of very plug-in I've downloaded is stored there in mine.
                        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

With you on that Uncle Michael... 'cept I screwed that one up. I did some back/forward testing to see what happened... and in the middle of all that, I did a "move" instead of a copy followed by an update. D'OH!

Can someone send me any older versions they have?

I would gladly get a log if I could... but I'm now in the "move forward is the only option" position. So...

Now that mine seems to have settled in, I'm not getting particularly high CPU usage anymore; but I'm not getting any functional response from the CAV either.

Comment

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
                            With you on that Uncle Michael... 'cept I screwed that one up. I did some back/forward testing to see what happened... and in the middle of all that, I did a "move" instead of a copy followed by an update. D'OH!

Can someone send me any older versions they have?

I would gladly get a log if I could... but I'm now in the "move forward is the only option" position. So...

Now that mine seems to have settled in, I'm not getting particularly high CPU usage anymore; but I'm not getting any functional response from the CAV either.
                            Here you go Broseph. It's attached.

BUT, Please, please, PLEASE! capture a debug log of the announcements not working properly before you roll back.

EDIT:

Woops. Apparently I can't attach an archive file to the board. PM me with an email address and I'll send it right off to you.

Comment

Can someone try out 2.0.58 in the updater
                              Make sure you are using MSCommLib as the com port control type
                              Cheers,
                              Bob
                              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
                              X