The state of BLRussound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The state of BLRussound

I just want to check in with other BLRussound users on their experiences as of late.

With the latest updates the plugin and its integration with BLSpeech it has been all but rock solid. I have only had three issues. Twice the zone was shut down before the TTS was completed (very long TTS) and once the preceding sound and the TTS were played at the same time. Keep in mind that this is three errors out of hundreds of announcements.

Anyone else?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

During my testing yesterday, I had one announcement get cut short (like two words out of ten plus). That's been it though. And trust me I was making it do lots of announcements.

My only issue now is what to actually announce without annoying the family.. Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

So today I installed the speaker in the Foyer and modified sparkmans lock script to say "Welcome home [name]" when someone unlocks the door. Tested it tons of times, worked everytime.

Then I went to the store for the wife to get some groceries and when I got home.....Nothing. I checked the logs and homeseer says it spoke it. I am unsure what happened. I ran it manually a few times and still nothing, but then it started working.

I turned on activity Logging in BLspeech to track if it thinks its speaking it.

My daugher just came home though and it said it....of course she said "What's that sound?".. I think I need to add a delay for that event so that the person has time to open the door...LOL

Comment

Ok, so it only works when I'm connected remotely to my server, once I drop the RDP session it stops. I have no idea how to fix that

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          Ok, so it only works when I'm connected remotely to my server, once I drop the RDP session it stops. I have no idea how to fix that

See my response in your other thread about the topic. It's a Windows thing. You need to be logged in for TTS to work.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
            See my response in your other thread about the topic. It's a Windows thing. You need to be logged in for TTS to work.
            The messed up thing is that I am "logged in", but the machine is "locked". I can't think of a good reason that MSFT would do this or that there is no way around it. I've searched and searched an nothing has come up. I'm thinking I'll have to wait until I get NUC which I will leave unlocked all the time.

Comment

Seeing as how I'm closer on the evolutionary scale to people who thought high technology was flint and steel and if shown a wheel would think the purveyor should be burned for witchcraft it should not be shocking that I don't know what "locked" means in this context. What's the difference between locked and not logged on? Just for my own personal curiosity.

Comment

Locked is that you are logged in, but in order to access the desktop, you have to log in. My server locks the account whenever I disconnect the remote desktop. I am still logged in, but anyone who wants to access the machine with my account would need my password.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Terrific!

Responding to the original question...
                  I have run my first serious test of BLRussound and BLSpeech together on my HS3 system. Based on my initial results, I am blown away. Response is fast, setting up events is easy. Execution has been flawless.

The testing is going so well that I've decided to leave HS3 in charge of my audio now. I plan to use JSON messaging to let HS2 determine when the HS3 audio events run as I complete my transition.

I have much more to do to fully replicate the capability I had in HS2 in my HS3 setup, but so far I couldn't be more pleased.

Great job, Blade. Two excellent plug-ins.
                  Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Glad it is working for you.

Once I get my CAV66 system setup I am sure I will think of more features to add
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                      Once I get my CAV66 system setup I am sure I will think of more features to add
                      Does / will the HS3 plug-in control the Russound tuner?
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

There might be some scripting calls for that

If not I will be adding it because I managed to get an ST tuner and an ST2 XM dual tuner when I bought my CAV6.6. I also got 4 UNO-S2 keypads plus the touch screen version of that keypad. All for $600 CDN - Not too bad
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

There might be some scripting calls for that

If not I will be adding it because I managed to get an ST tuner and an ST2 XM dual tuner when I bought my CAV6.6. I also got 4 UNO-S2 keypads plus the touch screen version of that keypad. All for $600 CDN - Not too bad
                          Yes, it looks to be the same as the HS2 control. I realize I wasn't very clear in my question. I was actually wondering if there is a way to generate devices as there is for the amp or if it was/will be entirely by scripting. (Plug-in function call syntax needs to be updated in the docs, I think.)

Comment

Yes just scripts until I get mine all setup and can play with it more
                            I believe I updated the help in the newest build in the updater
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

I believe I updated the help in the newest build in the updater
                              So you did! I just can't keep up.

Comment

Working...
                              X