No announcement yet.

BLRussound Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russound CA66 with 6 zones (5 KP6 and 1 KPL keypads)
    HS3

I am running:
    BLRussound 2.0.52.0
    BLSpeech 2.0.40.0

Russound CA66 with 6 zones (5 KP6 and 1 KPL keypads)

Everything seems to be running fine for months.
    ==> Do I need to upgrade to current versions?
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Update to current versions
      In BLRussound set the com port type to HomeSeer and restart BLRussound
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        Update to current versions
        In BLRussound set the com port type to HomeSeer and restart BLRussound
        OK, will backup first
        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

How is BLRussound and BLSpeech working now with the newest builds?
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I have not had a huge amount of time to play with the system. We had a huge reorg of the IT department at work (Which greatly affected me) and I've been concentrating on keeping the job over the hobbies. All that said, I've noticed since one of the recent updates that sometimes the Speech parts get queued and at some point they all play at once (right after each other). This doesn't happen just randomly, it does happen after a normal trigger that would cause a speech to happen, but then it's like virtual throw up and I get about 4-5 announcements at once.

I have not been able to reliably recreate it and as I said, work is taking priority now because I've gotta have money to buy more Blade plugins LOL

I did just update the plugins today, so those issues might have been fixed.

I have not at all been playing with the Russound stuff (we haven't even been using it at all except announcements ). I think I'm gonna put some speakers in my office in the next couple of weeks and if I do, I will use it quite a lot as I'm in there 8+ hours a day.

Comment

Mine seems to be doing great now. I have one speaker that keeps playing music after the speech is done before it turns off, so I need to adjust the ms setting, but happy to report:

1. The keypad turn on moves to the correct source, plays the speech and best of all, turns all the way off.... no more seeing the source in the window even though the keypad was off.

2. I have a zone of WholeHouse that skips speaker 3. In the past speaker 1 & 2 would come on play the sound/message and turn off. Speakers 4,5 and 6 would not do anything. This seems to also be fixed.

3. Had issue where the system would work for 7 to 10 announcements or cycles and then it would turn on, never play anything and turn right back off. After it did this, I would need to turn off both plug ins and turn them back on. This too (so far) seems to be fixed. I am over the 10 hump without having to cycle the plugins. Also stopped holding my breath.

One thing I did with the latest updates... I connected to my system using PC Power Tools and reloaded up to the unit my saved profile with speaker, source and button information. I fixed a button issue I did not like at the same time for all the keypads. I think this also helped as the system seems to be running better overall. (probably just in my head)

Q: The plugin shows the current source for each keypad.. love that. Anyway it can also show the current station for source FM or XM sources?

Thanks again for taking the time to fix the issues we have had.

Michael
              HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
              Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
              BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Just an update.

Russound/Speech is still working however, the source showing in the window when the unit is off is back.

I noticed yesterday that one time the unit turned on, switched source and said 1/2 the first word and then turned off. This is when source started showing in window again.

I have server updates to do today so the whole system will be rebooted.

Michael
                Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                  Just an update.

Russound/Speech is still working however, the source showing in the window when the unit is off is back.

I noticed yesterday that one time the unit turned on, switched source and said 1/2 the first word and then turned off. This is when source started showing in window again.

I have server updates to do today so the whole system will be rebooted.

Michael
                  Was your message preceeded by a sound?
                  Originally posted by rprade
                  There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                    Was your message preceeded by a sound?
                    A welcome message when the back door opens giving the time:

"Good afternoon. It is currently 5 PM."

I heard the G off good and then it shut off.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                      A welcome message when the back door opens giving the time:

"Good afternoon. It is currently 5 PM."

I heard the G off good and then it shut off.

Michael
                      No, I meant a BLSpeech sound. Guess not.
                      Originally posted by rprade
                      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Hi Blade,

We are back to the source showing in the window and after speech, the keypads are not shut off. I turned on debug the other day and waited. I zipped them up and sent them. I think something happened to the Russound debug because it is not very big.

Today the utility room door opened at 7:16 according to the log but the speech did not play until 7:18 with the opening of the back door. I have no delay on the event.

Nov-17 19:18:43 TTS Speak: (SPEAKEFAULT):Good evening. It is currently 7:18 PM and 73 degrees.
                        Nov-17 19:18:40 TTS Speak: (SPEAKEFAULT):The utility room door opened
                        Nov-17 19:18:37 EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO Z06 Dining Room Motion status change: Opened
                        Nov-17 19:18:35 Event Event Trigger "Announcements Greeting when Back Door Opens"
                        Nov-17 19:16:12 Event Event Trigger "Announcements Utility Room Door Opens"
                        Nov-17 19:16:12 EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO Z01 Utility Room status change: Opened

Michael

Comment

Working...
                        X