BLRussound Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLRussound Feedback

Is the newest BLRussound working OK for everyone now?
    I would like to hear some feedback and if there are any remaining issues

UPDATE:

For Windows, please use the com port type of "HomeSeer" and restart the plugin
    Last edited by Blade; August 12, 2016, 08:35 PM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Everything seems to be spot on for me. I haven't seen any unwanted behavior from the plugin or my system in about a week.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

By far for the most part it is working great for me. I'm still testing that stuff in the ticket I have open with you (which you've been great to work with!). I blame the length of time to fix it on me though and not you. Just hard to juggle "hobby" with wife, 4 kids, and school starting back up...LOL.

This plugin has been great and mixed with BLSpeech, even the wife has been thinking of things for us to "announce" (my current main use for both of them).

Comment

Blade,
        I tried to update this plugin and the speech one to current release yesterday and ran into some problems and reverted back to my older setup.

This issue is still there for both versions, but acts differently. When speech is invoked for the first time after the zone was turned on previously (listening to music), it does switch over to my voice source, does it's thing and switches back. But the audio is not what it was previously. The old version it was louder, the new version it was all the way muted. If speech is done a second time and on after the zone was turned on, it works as expected and sets the volume back to where it was previously.

Am I missing a setting somewhere to make sure that it always goes back to the previous settings?

Comment

I spoke too soon. Last night and once this morning I experienced the issue where BLSeech plays a sound and the TTS at the same time and then turns the zone off before finishing speaking. So this now seems to be happening once in every 30 or so announcements and only for announcements preceeded by a sound.

Comment

Log a ticket for it and attach a debug log and I will see what is going on
            Most changes were made in BLRussound so I am a little confused on why you would start seeing this

Detail out what you did
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

I am assuming you are talking to both of us?

I am the only one that sees the audio volume not returning to its previous setting?

Comment

Yes capture me a debug log from both plugins and detail out what you did
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

I can't easily capture this issue as it's so incredibly intermittent. Like I said earlier it hadn't happened in weeks. Though I think I got a log of it to you a while back and you determined that it was a HS3 bug?

Comment

It could be that. I am a couple weeks away from our move but I will still need to get everything hooked up
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Was out of town for a week.. When I installed 102, the log came back with:

Aug-12 13:53:02 BLRussound Info Russound Com Port - MSCommLib (COM2) Open
                      Aug-12 13:52:51 Error Exception during grammar generation, loading grammar: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Grammar\Grammar_Data_HS#Default.hs'.
                      Aug-12 13:52:41 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in BLRussound

Zone 5 & 6 the background color is not working. It keeps coming back as off.

The turn on volume resets to 0. When I set it to what I want (24), it sets base, treble and balance to 0 and the loundness goes to off.

BTW - BIG Thank you for the turn on volume Increase and Decrease. It is a huge help.
                      Attached Files
                      HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
                      Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                      BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

The grammer error has nothing to do with BLRussound

Change the Com port control type on the options page to HomeSeer and restart the plugin
                        What controller are you using?
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Use a CAM6.6. Setting the com port fixed it. zone 5 & 6 now show color and balance, treble and base are all correct.
                          Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                          BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

I get the grammar error from time to time after starting to us blspeech, but haven't seen it actually cause an issue.

Comment

One thing I noticed today. All my icons on my touch are missing for Russound. I went in and looked and all my thumbnail icons are missing got set back to Image-Not-Selected
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X