Dumb question lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb question lol

My home is wired for 8 zone audio, and has old school volume controls for each zone. Apparently it had been used with 1 source or something. Anyway, I'm considering getting a russound multi zone amp that allows for different sources and want to know if I can control the zones (volume, source, etc) through homeseer/hstouch using this plugin without installing keypads in each zone? I really don't want to go to all that hassle.

I'm open to other suggestions as well

No keypads are needed. One of my Russound zones doesn't have one connected.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
      No keypads are needed. One of my Russound zones doesn't have one connected.

Are there particular russound models that this plugin works with or does it work with all of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stick with the ones that do rNet. The cam and the cav models seem to be good. I have a cam. It's older but works just fine and you can get them cheap on eBay.

Comment

I hqve a CAA and it works well also. But I recall that at least one user here has an MCA and all 8 zones on it work. Rnet works for the newer models too.

Comment

Will it communicate via ethernet or does this plugin require a direct serial connection to my HS3? I ask because I'm already using both serial ports for PIMs and would prefer ethernet connectivity.

Comment

Sorry. Serial only. I'm using a USB serial adapter myself.

Comment

Working...
              X